468 fmw vs gtx-4294r

PABowhunter

Reaction score
All things being equal. How would these two turbos compare to each other? I (Having correct supporting mods: fuel system, hpop, and injectors in the 250/200 to 300/200 range)

I know there's a decent price difference

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
If price is NOT a contributing factory I would consider them to perform fairly similarly to each other. We have used many many more 468s than we have 4294s, but we have definitely played with the 42s enough.
Both great turbos
Spool on the X might be a bit better, but its nothing to complain about on the 468.

I think if your asking where your money is best spent.... look no further than a 468. Very very impressive turbo for sure!

JDub

Reaction score
I agree, it's hard to beat the performance and efficiency of the S400 frame Borg units. Especially ones with the FMW compressor wheels, plus you have the option to upgrade them for not much money should you ever want more. You'd just be a larger wheel and some machining away from going to a 72mm or 75mm

PABowhunter

Reaction score
That's about what i figured. Just wanted to hear from some guys with some experience. What would you guys recommend as an ideal injector for that size turbo?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
200% nozzle is really the biggest recommendation! 100% would work, but your not pushing the turbo to full potential and it will be a hair more laggy.

a 350/200 is pretty ideal

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
You guys and your small turbos... :lol:

Im sure the 68's are awesome.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Not to derail but I wish I knew haha.
These last few years I have spent so much time out of state and country for work it has got pushed to the side.
life happens. At least when I left for Thailand it was buttoned up and running.
Just built the first wind farm here in this country. Finishing the project next 40 days.
Should be a beast. And spool should be amazing with the .98 housing on it.
Derail over.

PABowhunter

Reaction score
It's good to hear others experiences with different turbos and housing combos.
Thanks KBMKVIII

Latest posts

Members online