Laptop to tune
Drill out two bottom in trans and need two Allen head bolts
Wires to tap into tps , engine rpm
Build a little bracket to hold gearshifter to 4r
Fittings to adapt trans lines

That will get you close

06f250powerstroke

Reaction score
anyone have some input on how it drives? seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on this. I know it works awesome at WOT but how about driving around . any input is helpful?

BOSS450

Reaction score
I dont mind how mine shifts. But pressures are high in it and I run caltracs. A 4R built for your hp goal and a set of traction bars will create great firm shifts every time.

BOSS450

Reaction score
It wouldn't technically be a lock up switch. But you can set tune b in pcs with tc locked at all times and just switch to tune b when you want it to lockup. And yes i have a overdrive lockout switch but i rarely use it. Just tune the trans to whatever the turbo likes.

BOSS450

Reaction score
5E9D8F0D-CFDF-4CE0-9028-C542D4356264.png

My newest part of fun on the street.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I dont mind how mine shifts. But pressures are high in it and I run caltracs. A 4R built for your hp goal and a set of traction bars will create great firm shifts every time.

don't mind? Or don't like?

I am thinking about going this route in my race/street truck. I am only hoping for 800-1000hp... never planning to be the fastest guy out there.

But my main thing is I am actually going to drive the truck and don't want to hate the tranny.

BOSS450

Reaction score
don't mind? Or don't like?

I am thinking about going this route in my race/street truck. I am only hoping for 800-1000hp... never planning to be the fastest guy out there.

But my main thing is I am actually going to drive the truck and don't want to hate the tranny.

Mine was great when it was built for 1000hp and i had traction bars. very smooth firm shifts.

When i said i didn't mind them i meant i wouldn't prefer it in a daily driver just bc certain times they can be a little rough. But this trans wasn't built for daily driving bc i am trying to be the fastest guy out there :D even though i still street drive a lot. Also Caltracs do not hold the axle still and it will unload on low power shifts. When i complain about the shifting know i am being very picky. I would still prefer my shifts now over a 5r any day.

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
I did this about a year ago in my single cab and I love the way it shifts! mine is set up with a little bit more of a firm shift because its a dedicated race truck but I would still daily drive this set up all day! Spool up is much better, I picked up .4 in the quarter, and its a pretty simple swap over. We just made our own relay for the starter and used the NSS wiring that comes with the pcs to make it all legal. Also just used a 4r100 transfer case but I know bts can make a output shaft that will allow the 5r110 to bolt right up as well. All in all I wish they continued the 4r100 with the 6.0s because its an animal!

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I did this about a year ago in my single cab and I love the way it shifts! mine is set up with a little bit more of a firm shift because its a dedicated race truck but I would still daily drive this set up all day! Spool up is much better, I picked up .4 in the quarter, and its a pretty simple swap over. We just made our own relay for the starter and used the NSS wiring that comes with the pcs to make it all legal. Also just used a 4r100 transfer case but I know bts can make a output shaft that will allow the 5r110 to bolt right up as well. All in all I wish they continued the 4r100 with the 6.0s because its an animal!

We picked up .4 with the swap as well. Pretty interesting we picked up he same. But yes 4r is awesome behind the 6.0

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
We picked up .4 with the swap as well. Pretty interesting we picked up he same. But yes 4r is awesome behind the 6.0

actually really crazy being that your way lighter than I am!

If you need any help though myself, matt or TSD can help out. I can promise you though once you do it your going to kick yourself for not doing it a long time ago!

Latest posts

Members online