4R100 rebuild questions

Jake

Reaction score
Well the 00 has 220k miles on it and I know the trans is not going to last forever. It is pretty much only driven to tow the trailer right now and the new trailer is ALOT heavier than the old one. How are the Motorcraft HD remans? I know the BTS and JW transmissions are the best, but I don't know if I can swing the $5k quick enough. I am hoping I can get the other truck back in one piece and sold and have the majority of the money there. I have had thoughts of just pulling it and putting new clutches, seals, converter, valve body in it but if I have to do that twice I could have just gotten a built one. I should have grabbed that used BTS E40D and gotten a PCS to run it!

Jake

Reaction score
I have thoughts of getting the sun coast parts, converter, and vb. But seems like the more I think about it I just need to suck it up and get the BTS. I know were going to keep the truck for another 5 years or so.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I have thoughts of getting the sun coast parts, converter, and vb. But seems like the more I think about it I just need to suck it up and get the BTS. I know were going to keep the truck for another 5 years or so.

I agree. I picked mine up from a buddy of mine who had 20k on it for 900$. When it blows, I'll go bts

sent while needing more cowbell

Latest posts

Members online