5r110 no gears

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Got some issues with my project truck.

Truck was wrecked, trashed the radiator and pumped all the fluid out
I bypassed the radiator and filled the transmission up. Ran and fluid level is good but the trans wont do anything no gears at all from what i can tell. The cable is broken so I'm doing all this by hand under the truck and then starting it basically in gear with the wire on the fender...

I did have some codes but i forgot them so ill have to get the list tomorrow. I do know one was for the output speed sensor... figured it should at least go into gear but wont shift if the sensor is the issue

I suspect it might be the pump, this truck got towed, supposedly on a rollback but i cant confirm that is a fact.

Any help would be cool, im transmission dumb when it comes to this, i know why they break under power... this stock stuff is foriegn to me lol

09stroker

Reaction score
How long was it run without oil? May have ruined the pump if it ran dry. No pressure=no clutch engagements

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Pump probably. Just what I had go wrong with mine. Andy said the pump was toast but it never made a bad sound. Just lost the gears. The truck wouldn't roll in park and the lights came on for reverse.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Same thing here reverse lights come on but no movement. I'll pull the plug on the side and check pressure. Or even if oil comes out. I don't know how long it was ran without oil as I picked it up second hand. If it's the pump it might just get parted out at this point

Dzchey21

Reaction score
well i went and started it again tonight and now it goes into gear just fine, it was like it wouldnt pick up the oil last night. Now it works, ill put the radiator back in and let you know how it shifts afterward, Im also going to drop the pan and make sure the filter didnt get knocked down somehow

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.