5R110 Reverse but no forward gears

matoolis

Reaction score
06 Ford F350 6.0/5r110 4x4

Truck started shifting odd last night but i continued on home and didn't think much of it, started it up and let it idle to warm up this morning, got up to Operating temp, left home and got about 2 miles down the road and stopped at a stop sign. Take off from the sign and it shifted through 1-2-3 once it hit 3rd it pulled a little then the RPM's shot up like it was in neutral, i let off and tried to give it throttle again and the RPM's shot up again, i look at the commanded gear on my Livewire and it showed 5th? so i pulled over and it stayed in 5th. Tried manually shifting into first, still nothing. Tried shutting the truck off and starting again, it hesitates but goes into first and i let it idle to get moving, tried to give it a little throttle and the rpms shoot up and the Livewire shows it shifted straight to 2nd and quickly through 3rd up to 5th and stayed there. Through out all this i have reverse still. I even tried re-flashing to stock thinking it was a tune issue but still nothing.

So here i am looking for thoughts and hopefully answers

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
The forward clutch needs to be holding for every forward gear. It's not applied in reverse. So if the forward clutch fails you will have park, reverse, and neutral. Nothing else will work.

The forward clutch is applied hydraulically. It does not use a solenoid. There is NOTHING electrical that controls this clutch. You have a mechanical failure inside the trans. It needs to come out and be rebuilt. Sorry.

matoolis

Reaction score
Yeah that's kind of where i'm at now, pulled the TCM codes last night when i got home. Had a P1780, P0751, and P2700. So i guess i'll be getting a new trans soon. With me being on stock turbo and injectors should I step up to a built trans or just get a reman? It's mostly a DD but i have had it at the track once before and probably will go every now and then.

sootie

Reaction score
Once you have driven a truck with a built trans, you will hate a stock one forever. They put the power down so much more efficiently and feel way more positive to drive.

matoolis

Reaction score
Is there any built trans options that are cheaper than say ATS or Brian's truck shop? Personally i'd love to have a BTS built trans but thats just not really in the budget for now.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Twisted has decent prices, as does warren. The twisted stage 3 according to their website runs less than 6grand.

300000 and counting

Reaction score
I had a warrens trans good for 800hp it was $5300 installed. They are great people and I would go there in a heart beat again.

Latest posts

Members online