6.0 5r110 HARS COLD SHIFT

backwoods

Reaction score
In the backwoods just up the hill from boobavill P
I have had a few differnt customers with auto 6.0 2003-2004 with complaint of first few cold shifts of the day being harsh or late? one is bone stock with EGR system, one has caned SCT tunes and EGR delete, and both act the same,, no engine codes or trans codes,, both are in the 100,000 mile range,, any ideas or things i could look at

weazel

Reaction score
Mine does it too, i will stay fir the answer

Translated from hillbilly, with tapatalk
Engineers clear the way!

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Yes, they did that. It was fixed in 2005. It is in the software, I don't remember if there is a factory update for that or not. There were SO many updates for the 2003-2004 trucks.

jdc753

Reaction score
MY 05 is pretty rough for the first mile or two, but that just firing the truck up after sitting all night and then dropping it into gear no more than 20 seconds after and pulling out. Motor oil and trans oil are all pretty cold so I just always assumed that was the issue, clears up after the first 1 or 2 runs through the gears.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Compare it to a known good truck. See what the power level is like. Most of the trucks that shift really late or hard when cold have low power issues. Stuck turbo, stiction in injectors, etc.

Latest posts

Members online