6.0 bad miss

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Truck was running good this morning. Changed the oil and filter. Changed the fuel filters, and clean the egr valve that was moving freely to begin with. Been like this since. Sounds like a dead miss. Seems to idle fine. Stumbles for a second and smooth as can be full throttle under a load. 04 6.0 with 67k miles bone stock. No CEL.

For the past few months is has had a little blue smoke here and there mainly after a long idle so kinda normal. And a slight studer or stumble for a minute after a warm start.

I feel like an injector gave up

Mdub707

Reaction score
How much did you drive it after the service work?

What oil and oil filter are you using?

What fuel filters?

Did you prime the fuel system by turning the key forward and letting the pump run til it shuts off 3x? If I do it any less than 3x the truck stumbles and runs like crap. I'm guessing you have that figured out since you've done WOT blasts already.

What shape are your batteries in? How about your FICM?

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Truck was running perfect at full operating temp today. Let it sit for an hour and it does the same thing until its back up till full temp.

Batteries are new
delo 400 15/40 same as always from our bulk tank
motocraft filters
Always run the key till I hear no more air running back to the tank.

Out of all the 6.0's I have. This one has always ran the worst cold since new.

I am starting to think horrible striction? When you turn the key to the run position, The spool valves are not clicking like normal. Hot a little bit, cold you can't even hear them.

As far as the FICM i have no idea. I was on the way to have a friend check it out on his scanner and it was running fine once up to temp so I went back to work with it.

Latest posts

Members online