6.0 coolant level low?

MN6.0guy

Reaction score
I have an '03 6.0 and had a coolant flush on it 3,000 miles ago and haven't checked it since. I just checked it and it looks a little low (about an inch below the min mark, also the truck was cold and shut off when I checked it), anyway, I don't have much for residue, just a little spot here and there, so super minimal. Where could I be losing coolant? If I'm not mistaken it would be puking if it was an EGR cooler or head gasket problem? Any insight is appreciated, thanks!

MN6.0guy

Reaction score
I have an EGR delete kit for it, just haven't installed it, so if it is a major issue I'm hoping it's that!

loboost

Reaction score
What do your deltas look like?

Is it studded & deleted?

Where was the coolant level when the flush was done?

sent while driving recklessly

MN6.0guy

Reaction score
Not sure where my deltas are at, I will be hooking up my SCT to it to read them on the way home from work. But the coolant was between the minimum level and the max level when I did the flush which was 3K miles ago. Loboost, the truck is not studded yet and I have the EGR delete kit but haven't put it in yet as I drive the truck daily and have been working alot lately so I haven't had the time.

MN6.0guy

Reaction score
I have EOT and ECT gauges in my truck but they're glowshift junk (came with the truck), so I'll be scanning on my way home. But according to my gauges that are in the pillar I'm between 7-10 roughly.

MN6.0guy

Reaction score
Thanks heavyassault! I'm going to double check my delta on a second source to be sure of everything but that gives me a little relief.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
They started using stickers when people went to the dealers for work. I believe if you were to get a new degas bottle they are now marked correctly.

Latest posts

Members online