6.0 dead in the hole!!

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
Got a 06 F550 6.0 with 53xxx on it. Left our shop today it's a dump truck pulling our 20 foot box trailer with mowers started it up this morning starting idling funny and then back to normal left got about a mile down the road and lost power. No black or white smoke no warning lights nothing. Turned around and the truck wouldn't go up the hill. Stopped and then it died and would not restart. Spent $2k at ford two weeks ago for alternator trans flush and coolant flush. Never had a problem with the truck before until now.

e.nickkk

Reaction score
sounds like you have a hpop leak at the rail plugs maybe blew a oring .

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
We didnt hook it to any scan tool. But the dash shows nothing is wrong. Not check engine or anything. I was wondering maybe FICM because it had bad alternator for a while.

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
Well we had the truck towed to the dealer. I was just wanting some feedback from people on here. Just seems weird that ran fine yesterday then boom crappy today

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
rare... check for tank delamination.. maybe keep a fuel psi gauge on for a feww days, so if it drops off do a restriction in tank

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
thats funny. the pump is $300 and it takes 15 minutes to change it....

sweet, now i can tell boss we can charge $800 for the job and still beat their price... LOL

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
Yeah idk my dads the one that talked to the dealer. Problem is it's already there and would have to be towed away and we don't have time to put a fuel pump on it. We just need it to run.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
tell them to park it in the lot, change it in the lot.... HFCM doesnt even have to come off the frame, just three bolts hold the pump...

problem is making sure it doesnt happen again. so after you install new pump and and filters, take psi reading like i said