6.0 Egr delete and oil cooler ?s

co04cobra

Reaction score
I am selling a buddy of mine a 07 6.0 motor for his truck. What is going to be BEST options I can do for him while its out. My plan is to install headstuds, delete or put on a bulletproof egr cooler and upgrade the oil cooler. My main ??s are where or what is the best options for these things? I have heard a lot about bulletproof diesels stuff. Some people seem to say just to use stock oil cooler? I going to go with ARPs for studs. Also, what about the STC fitting? Is it easy to tell if its the upgraded one form ford with the hpop cover off? What about injector o-rings? If it were a 7.3 I would do them without ? but I seem to have had a lot less problems with them on 6.0s. Any other suggestions to do why the motor is out. FWIW the motor has 107k mi.

Basically the guy doesnt mind spending some money, but really only wants to have to do this once. Sorrry for some many ??s Thanks.

HostileDiesel

Reaction score
I will post a pic of both stc fittings in an hour, the stock one has plastic on it. I would do ARP studs, EGR delete, new oil cooler, updated stc fitting,updated dummy plugs and standpipes. That should pretty well bulletproof it. If you pull the injectors because you suspect an issue, get them flow tested and replacing o-rings and compression washers is a good idea, we carry everything you will need, from studs to o-rings and washers. Let me know if I can help

-Eric

co04cobra

Reaction score
I will post a pic of both stc fittings in an hour, the stock one has plastic on it. I would do ARP studs, EGR delete, new oil cooler, updated stc fitting,updated dummy plugs and standpipes. That should pretty well bulletproof it. If you pull the injectors because you suspect an issue, get them flow tested and replacing o-rings and compression washers is a good idea, we carry everything you will need, from studs to o-rings and washers. Let me know if I can help

-Eric

I am unfamiliar with the dummy plugs. Do you have pics? Also what do they have the updates the standpipes? What kit do you have for the egr delete? I am assuming you mean OEM for oil cooler? I do not know of anything wrong with the injectors so I think Im going to leave them alone. Please PM me a price on everything else. Thanks.

DMAX

Reaction score
Yes they do have updates for the stand pipes also. We sell Sinister EGR deletes, and OEM cooler will be good as long as the EGR is deleted. The Dummy Plugs are short and standpipes are long. You will need a 12mm Allen to take out both of them. The dummy plugs are closer towards the front of the truck on the oil rail, and the standpipes are in the back of the oil rail. The O-rings on them can swell and tear causing High pressure oil leaks, the updated ones will prevent this.

Dummy Plug
33bjwxy.jpg

Oil rail
xt9vs.jpg

Standpipe
1zvldu.jpg

co04cobra

Reaction score
Ohh. ok I see. PM me a price for the dummy plugs, stand pipes, egr delete, new oil cooler, and the arp studs. Also, is there an aftermarket stc fitting or only updated OEM. Thanks.

HostileDiesel

Reaction score
I will send you a PM here shortly and yes I can include an updated OEM STC fitting which includes new gaskets, bolts, and IPR screen

-Eric

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online