6.0 engine oil flow path

Injected79

Reaction score
Does anybody have a flow chart of some sort that show how the oil flows through the engine.
Im working on a truck that is showing no LPO, pulled filter, no oil coming into the housing when filter is romoved and button depressed, which in turn is showing 0 psi to the icp sensor of course. Trying to decide where i need to start looking for problems.
Thanks

dzldoctor

Reaction score
Look at the low oil pump. Start there or the reg spring in the front cover

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
roller lifter failure or if its a 03-04 the check ball might have fallen out of HPOP

Injected79

Reaction score
truck is an 05. First thing im doing is checking out the low pressure pump itselfs, but really am looking for the path the oil travels through the engine so i can eliminate 1 thing at a time.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
thats not needed.. just pull oil psi regulator.. if it doesnt drop out, something is an issue. if its scored up, than most likely the pump is also and front cover

thirdgenlxi

Reaction score
Yup big hex bolt right behind the crank pulley in the bottom of front cover.... pull that regulator out, if the spring and valve don't come out with it, there's your problem

Injected79

Reaction score
removed the regulator today. The plug and spring came out, regulator/sleeve piece did not, i had to use a magent to pull it out. found very light scratches on it, wiped it down put a light coating of grease on it, reinstalled it just to see what would happen. Still no low pressure oil. Should the regulator/sleeve piece be free insdie the housing? i have never had this part of a 6.0 apart before.

MorganY

Reaction score
Pull damper like CTC suggested and lpop cover. Lpop failure. Most likely engine needs to be pulled and ran through, possibly a new cam if the lifter went AWOL.

Alfie

Reaction score
It does sound like a damages gerotor pump. You can also over fill the crankcase to eliminate a faulty pick up tube usually 5 extra quarts to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

racerchuck

Reaction score
With all the debris and roller lifter bearing damaging the oil pump ft cover
why not add 2 one inch fittings next to each other on the cover (AN type fitting) and add a oil filter, or oil cooler and bypass and blocking off the direct oil flow from the pan pick-up hole in the block to the pump, allowing the filter to catch anything that can damage that expensive ft cover and oil pump .. any thoughts on doing that? is that possible ?

Latest posts

Members online