6.0 glow plug #2

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
2005 model has been throwing code for glow plug #2 and runs a tad rough for a second in the morning, can someone point me towards how to check with an ohm meter first or should I just go ahead and replace it. I heard a bad glow plug module could also be the culprit?Thanks in advance fellas.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
^....lol, ok

basically Unplug the harness, set your meter on ohms, go over all 4 prongs, if one is way off, replace it. If they all measure out, replace GPCM

20007.3L

Reaction score
^....lol, ok

basically Unplug the harness, set your meter on ohms, go over all 4 prongs, if one is way off, replace it. If they all measure out, replace GPCM

Well I was referring to either the GP is junk of the harness is junk, it's one or the other!?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Well I was referring to either the GP is junk of the harness is junk, it's one or the other!?

No, this isnt 7.3 tech here.

These actually take dio to fix the issue... Its not a cheap $30 relay, its either a $170 module, glow plug, or $50 harness. Just saying toss a 'glowplugs, GP harness, and GPR' in isnt going to work in this case.

20007.3L

Reaction score
No, this isnt 7.3 tech here.

These actually take dio to fix the issue... Its not a cheap $30 relay, its either a $170 module, glow plug, or $50 harness. Just saying toss a 'glowplugs, GP harness, and GPR' in isnt going to work in this case.

Sorry, my bad, even tho I use to sell each of those things every god damn day when I was a ford dealer on here, and I ment GPCM, I am on a pos IPad! My bad, guess I don't know ****!

dasboot

Reaction score
I had to test mine last year with a VDC amp meter. This is the best way. All 8 of mine went bad. I'd recommend replacing all 8. if you do it yourself I would invest in the harnesses too. The hardest part of replacing them was removing the fender wells to get to them.

florida 6.0

Reaction score
Yeah it's a lot easier to just do all 8 and a new harness while you are in there . I had to find out the hard way the harness is not meant to be reused .

Latest posts