6.0 help

07pstd

Reaction score
07 running rough cold pulled dtc had cylinder three power imbalance got a hold of a friend with a ae which was like two weeks before he finally had time but hooked it up pulled dtc again cylinder three code gone didn't show up so tested ficm 52 buzz tested injectors all good engine was warm tho been reading need to do it on a cold engine and do power balance test which he said he can't do on his I know buzz test is only electrical side of the injector the truck when cold will fire right up tho it does run rough with white smoke when you drive it once it hits overdrive in lower rpms you really notice a miss it bucks nd jerks but put it to the floor nd it will throw you back in the seat any ideas on what to do or try been on going headache lately to be honest with ya thanks.

Lassie

Reaction score
AE will do a power balance. Sounds like you have injector issues. You need to start with checking fuel pressure to inj's and testing FICM with voltmeter. But, you're most likely gonna need an injector or 8.

Please use some form of punctuation when you reply. It is almost impossible to read what you wrote. My head actually hurts from trying.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Please use some form of punctuation when you reply. It is almost impossible to read what you wrote. My head actually hurts from trying.

Agreed, I basically gave up and couldn't even come up with a response.

07pstd

Reaction score
Sorry. I will check with him again but could of swore he told me no. He has had it awhile maybe he needs to upgrade it. I assume the the ae test on the ficm isn't accurate ? That said Is a 58v bad when it's anything less, or is it just bad for injectors once its below 48?

6speedsd

Reaction score
AE was showing 49v on mine. Put a voltmeter on it and got 32v. I wouldn't trust what OBD tells you on voltages. I'm just saying. Check your ficm with a voltmeter, with a cold engine.

07pstd

Reaction score
Finally got to put multimeter on it after having to buy two. Key on 53.5v, and cranking to running 54v. Am I still ok ? And when is a 58 consider bad?

Commandos888

Reaction score
Hello

I would do what the other guy's say.check fuel pressure! that is a must! and must be check under WOT.it will usually be at 50-55.And when was the last time you change both fuel filter's?? low fuel pressure that drop's at or below 45psi will damage the injector intensifier piston.:rockon:

07pstd

Reaction score
Fuel filters are two months old. Fuel pressure at wot I've seen as low as 35psi, at idle its 60 to 61. I have put in new blue fuel spring, and 6.4 banjo bolts on the fuel lines.

07pstd

Reaction score
After. I don't know what it was before to be honest because I installed a fuel pressure gauge at the same time as the spring.

6speedsd

Reaction score
You shouldn't drop that low in pressure at WOT, especially after the blue spring. Let these other guys chime in on that. They know a whole lot more than I do about these trucks.

Atsah

Reaction score
I believe my truck WOT was 52 PSI or so with the updated FPR kit.. WOT in the 30's is not good and I would suspect a weak fuel pump..

07pstd

Reaction score
Seems like if it was dropping like that it run like crap, but at wot throws ya back in the seat and runs like a raped ape. I had someone tell me the drop in pressure could be a leaky fuel injector that true?

Commandos888

Reaction score
hey

You have a weak fuel pump! And 60-61 p.s.i,that is way too high!!! Injector O-ring's may be going bad! i would do a balloon test or internal leaking injector!

Commandos888

Reaction score
Re: Hey bud

Put a 165 Airdog2 fuel system,way better then stock! remove all injectors and check them out!

Lassie

Reaction score
61psi is not too high...FP in some trucks will be as high as 68psi after Fords pressure regulator "blue spring" upgrade.

If you can hold 45psi at WOT one day, and only 30some on another, your fuel pump could be dying.....and be only making xx psi on other days. It may have already screwed your current injectors. Correct it before correcting injector issues.

Irontx

Reaction score
My money is on a sketchy spool valve in that injector. It'll get worse. As far as your FP....... as was already said... weak pump....

Commandos888

Reaction score
Re: Hey bud

Sorry man sometime's i don't read thing's good! lol! Yes Blue spring kit. i seen these thing go up to 75 psi! I really feel that your pump is going bad! low fuel pressure will cause injector failures! Even bad inertia switch will cause low fuel pressure!!! Reason why...This is in series with the pump. I have change a lot of these thing's for low fuel press.. if you have a code store in memory P0231 It's for the switch.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online