6.0 Help

astocker300

Reaction score
So I have a 2004 6.0 w/ around 175,000 miles. It has sat for the last month and a half and will not start. I tried to start it in January and again today and both times it wouldn't turn over. I attached the video showing what it is doing. After the glow plugs warm up there is a rattling noise from somewhere in the passenger side of the engine. I have no idea what could cause it not to start. When I turn the key over, the truck makes no attempt to crank as you can see in the video. At the end of the video I show that part that makes the weird noise.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-NldU6-Zk8

04cr450

Reaction score
ok. that noise is the vaccum pump, completely normal.... have you checked your battery voltage?? sounds like u have dead batteries, just because the dash lights up does not mean the engine will turn over, the pcm shuts down I believe 8-9 volts and below.

junglejoe

Reaction score
No clicking or anything?? Like said above, check batteries or the starter AND make sure all the connections are clean and tight for the starter and solenoid and battery

04 f350

Reaction score
If you let any vehicle sit for close to two months and never start it here and there your gonna run into battery issues. I'm almost positive that's what the problem is

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.