6.0 IC swap help.

Jomax

Reaction score
Everything's out and ready to put back in, as I start putting the Diesel site kit, I come to find out both sides of the intercooler have the same diameter. Both ends need a tapered boot. So the straight boot won't work......Anyone ever see a 6.0 IC that has both sides the same?? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using
TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350
Gauges, DP tuner, ported housing, T-500:evil:, JW VB, 5in turbo back, hutch/harpoon mod, 6.0 IC, tru cool tranny cooler, etc

Jomax

Reaction score
Nvm found out its a 7.3 intercooler with plastic ends.

TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350
Gauges, DP tuner, ported housing, T-500:evil:, JW VB, 5in turbo back, hutch/harpoon mod, 6.0 IC, tru cool tranny cooler, etc

OSCS

Reaction score
Nvm found out its a 7.3 intercooler with plastic ends.

TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350

looks like you got screwed then..

Jomax

Reaction score
looks like you got screwed then..

No, honest mistake, getting it swapped for a 6.0 tomorrow.

TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350

Jomax

Reaction score
Curious as to why you were putting in a 6.0 IC anyway?

EGT's.. even if it lowers it 50degrees it's worth it. In AZ EVERY bit counts..

TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350

co04cobra

Reaction score
ohh. What kind of egts are you seeing? Honestly no way I would trade an aluminum end take for a plastic one. When/if the plastic cracks you will have high egts.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
ohh. What kind of egts are you seeing? Honestly no way I would trade an aluminum end take for a plastic one. When/if the plastic cracks you will have high egts.

While I am no fan of the 6.0 IC swap, the plastic end tanks are not to worry... I see 45psi regularly, 54psi max once. Still there and together.

Jomax

Reaction score

1350 on 4mile 6-7% grades in 115degrees. Needed new intercooler boots anyways. Paid 100bux for the 6.0 IC. I can sell my intercooler worst comes to worst for 50bux. I'm out 50 bucks, which IMO isn't bad and I'm changing a clogged radiator anyway, I was right there. Damn even if it lowers EGT by 25 degrees I'm happy. For the ends being plastic, least Of my worries, your radiator is still leak free isn't it? It has plastic ends..

TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350

CSIPSD

Reaction score
1350 on 4mile 6-7% grades in 115degrees. Needed new intercooler boots anyways. Paid 100bux for the 6.0 IC. I can sell my intercooler worst comes to worst for 50bux. I'm out 50 bucks, which IMO isn't bad and I'm changing a clogged radiator anyway, I was right there. Damn even if it lowers EGT by 25 degrees I'm happy. For the ends being plastic, least Of my worries, your radiator is still leak free isn't it? It has plastic ends..

TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350

Really?

Come on man, use your head...

Coolant runs at 15psi... your boost can run much more then that.

Jomax

Reaction score
I wasnt talking about boost, I was a talking about how plastic can last...

TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350

co04cobra

Reaction score
Didnt mean to start an argument over the whole plastic thing. Yes I have replaced several cracked plastic radiators and ICs. Your not out much money so go for the 6.0 IC. I was commenting to say I wouldnt spend a lot of money on the 6.0 IC as an upgrade. JMO.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
I wasnt talking about boost, I was a talking about how plastic can last...

TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350

Your still not getting it... He is talking about the boost blowing the ic apart. Nothing similar to the radiator.

Jomax

Reaction score
Your still not getting it... He is talking about the boost blowing the ic apart. Nothing similar to the radiator.

I'll never make enough boost to blow a 6.0 IC apart. I get it btw..

TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350

TARM

Reaction score
Here is how I see it. The Op understands or at least after these threads should fully about the +/- and performance expectations of installing a 6.0 IC in place of a 7.3 IC. Its what he wants to do to his truck.

Jomax

Reaction score
Here is how I see it. The Op understands or at least after these threads should fully about the +/- and performance expectations of installing a 6.0 IC in place of a 7.3 IC. Its what he wants to do to his truck.

Thanks TARM.

TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350

Jomax

Reaction score
If you want to lower egts get a 38r.

That'll be coming as well. Along with 160/100% AC injectors.

TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350

Latest posts

Members online