6.0 In-Dash Electrical Issues?

Foxtrot23

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. I am new to the 6.0 world, as I just sold my 7.3 this past year for a newer Powerstroke. Going from a '00 to an '07 is a nice change of pace. Thanks to my 7.3 wanting to fall apart on me, due to previous owners lack of TLC, it gave me the chance to get to know my truck very well. I have had my '07 Lariat for roughly 5 months. With 71k on it, it has been treating me well. Nothing done to it but a straight pipe exhaust. I did have to have to replace my rear seized caliper, and fix a power steering leak, but those are minor. I have never been handy when it comes to electrical or wiring issues....it's just not my strong point. After about 3 weeks of having my truck, my fuel gauge decided to commit suicide. I would have taken care of it right away, but due to the luxury of my electronic fuel gauge, I never felt the need to tackle this. Now, as of about 2 weeks ago, my speedometer decided to follow its neighbor, and go suicidal as well. So before one of my other important gauges makes the executive decision to follow its buddys, is there any tech help you guys can suggest for me? I hoping it's not a dash wiring issue where it needs to be replaced. But since I have 2 different gauges currently not working, I feel like that's where it's headed. And also, my fuel fauge works probably once in a blue moon. I can count on one hand how many times the needle has actually been where it belongs. Again, thank you for your guys time!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
PROUD USAF VETERAN

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Now is your fuel gauge jyst incorrect or is it not working? Fuel sending units are junk so that may fix that issue if its incorrect. The speedo could be your rear diff speed sensor. Any abs lght paired with the inop speedo?

Latest posts

Members online