6.0 lifters. Whats needed to do it?

lggraver

Reaction score
As the post says what is needed to do this? I had three lifters go bad. None are really bad just one that has a little flat spot and when you shake them you can hear the roller moving up and down. Cam looks great which is a plus. I'm just trying to get parts together to do lifters. I have ordered new head gaskets and studs. a full egr ******. updated stc fitting. I have new injector o rings and intake seals. my valve covers are only a year old with less than 10,000 miles on them so I'm just going to run them and if they leak ill replace them. So what else do I need?

anyone's input will be great

thanks,

Levi

pdumont01

Reaction score
The rear cover does not have to come off to do lifters.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

pdumont01

Reaction score
The only thing else you would need besides the head gaskets and stuff is the lifters. I always take the lifters out and inspect them when doing head gaskets, I'm sure others do too.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
The only thing else you would need besides the head gaskets and stuff is the lifters. I always take the lifters out and inspect them when doing head gaskets, I'm sure others do too.

And you remove the branch tubes how?

pdumont01

Reaction score
Sorry missed the part about branch tubes. R they leaking

pdumont01

Reaction score
I'm not we definitely tried and there is no way to do it. Branch tubes with engine in, yes I have done that. I forgot they covered the back lifters. My bad. Its been a while.

pdumont01

Reaction score
Now I feel dumb go ahead let me have it........

pdumont01

Reaction score
Nope we tried with no sucess. I would say pull the engine right out for all that, that's just me though.

swinky

Reaction score
Nope we tried with no sucess. I would say pull the engine right out for all that, that's just me though.

Yuhpp... we did rod bearings in mine when we did lifters. If the engine has some miles on it might as well check her out. I had a cracked piston doe.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

wiseguy

Reaction score
felpro lower conversion set has lower end gaskets you need. i would really look at that cam i have never seen a good cam run with bad lifters

lggraver

Reaction score
Checked the cam out and it looked great (its not the original cam). The shop I had do the work when I had new rods and pistons put in at 200,000 miles never put new lifters in. So in 50,000 thousand miles and some of 4,000 rpm pulls later, the last stock internal parts went bad. I got everything I needed other than hpop cover gasket. I also did 625's arps for cheap insurance once I put my twins on. Motor is ready to go back in truck and start putting everything back on it. Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.