6.0 list and question

prototypemo

Reaction score
ok have gone through mostly the entire truck but curious on peoples opinions.
Have an 05 ex with 6.0 recently went through and have new icp, ipr, blue spring, ebp and map sensor. cooler deleted, dummy egr, fuel filters , oil cooler is fine, heads are fineand probably a few other things Im forgetting. Are there any other sensors, valves or systems that I should look into or areas I should address in the near future? Basically if it was your truck where would you go next? Also the truck runs perfectly fine this is just a discussion. Thanks for any input

Gary

Reaction score
You didn't say anything about the STC fitting, the stand pipes and dummy plugs, those are common problems. Also the turbos need to be cleaner sooner or later.
How do you know your oil cooler is "fine"? I would also add a coolant filter kit and run a full synthetic oil. I'm sure there is something else I'm forgetting.

prototypemo

Reaction score
no stc fitting, have the early 04 motor, i was debating stand pipe and dummy plug but dont fully understand their purpose or how they fail. And I was gonna save that for when I decide to upgrade injectors whether thats due to a failure or I get a wild hair. On the turbo I get full sweep and tend to drive it like I stole it more than most so i exercise the veins plenty...at least I think I do. I do not have any coolant issues as excessive pressure, using or burning any coolant. Havent actually done the oil cooler test but I don't have a replacement one in case mine decides to fail on me and I have to do emergency surgery and a coolant filter is planned for the near future . Also I do not haave any leaks in my hpop as I took it apart to replace my stc (when I realized i had the later motor) i know (-_-) dummy moment

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Gauges
Mainly coolant temp, oil temp and fuel pressure. I dont like a dash to look like the cockpit of a fighter jet so i just use a livewire and a fuel pressure gauge. Both of which have saved me from spending a lot of money on injectors and, well probly a new motor also. Lol

Fwiw as far as i know my dummy plugs are OE and 126k miles the truck runs fine. It is leaking from the stc fitting tho, im just too lazy/have zero time to replace it.

Oh and the middle trans solenoid (if you have the 3-5 shift flare). I need to replace that also. Fml this truck is costing me more in parts and time than my old jeep did. :)

Latest posts

Members online