6.0 missing MAF

superstroker99

Reaction score
I have never worked on a 6.0 that didnt have a MAF sensor. there is no hole in the intake and the conector has a factory block of on it. Whats the reason for this? Will not having the sensor affect tunning as well??

Izzyf350

Reaction score
My of dosn't have one either. Has the plug taped up for it but no sensor or hole for it

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
the intentions of the MAF was to monitor EGR flow, in 05 ford tried to calculate it with EBP pressures and MAP pressure

'94IDITurbo7.3

Reaction score
the intentions of the MAF was to monitor EGR flow, in 05 ford tried to calculate it with EBP pressures and MAP pressure

The MAF is/would be right after the air filter and before the turbo...how would that be able to monitor EGR flow? the MAF, mass air flow, is there to measure how much air is being pulled into the engine more or less. at least that is the way i understand MAF function. I can see EGR being measured with the EBP and MAP, but not MAF...

range91

Reaction score
Well don't u think that if maf measures air comin in and you replace that with exhaust gas then it could be used as a computer monitoring device for egr flow?

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
My 06 has one...but what will happen of I build an intake without it?

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
05 was the only year that did not have it.

Yes...reason I ask about not running one on my 06 is I thought of tigging a stainless intake...and it would be a lot easier without having to incorporate a bung for the maf sensor

Latest posts

Members online