6.0 mutable head gasket failure

backwoods

Reaction score
In the backwoods just up the hill from boobavill P
looking for a little input or feed back on this on,, 11/2010 i do head gaskets on a 2005 F350 with 85,000 miles,send heads out to a reputable machine shop to be presure tested, maged and decked, put it together with OEM ford gaskets and ARP studs torqued to 225,, in mid to late 2012 truck would occasionaly push water,, no rime or reasion to it??? now it pushes every time,, but a cummins block tester on it and it is compresion gas in cooling system,, pull cab and heads and it pushed by on #4,#6,#3,#5 towards the outside of block/i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss140/bluemountianpowerstroke60/head1_zps3c8e699c.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo head1_zps3c8e699c.jpg"/></a>[/IMG]outside of block
head2_zpsdee96d2d.jpg
[/IMG]
s569

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
IMO the deck is too clean. Did you go ape**** with a cookie grinder? You don't remove the stains, just old gasket material and carbon

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to me. When I took the heads off the second time it had abunch of lil cracks you couldn't even hardly see with the naked eye. I just got some liberator o ringed heads and I've been fine ever since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
correct me if i am wrong but it looks like the deck was cookie wheeled. i also see pitting in the deck where the fire ring of the gasket seals. probably some witness marks there to. id say time to have the block decked.

Snake

Reaction score
Could be a bunch of things......improper torque of the studs (what kind of lube was used, was the torque wrench giving an accurate reading), were the studs new or reused and if they were reused had they already stretched and were the threads chased, block prep, quality of the machining of the heads, etc

Do you still have your EGR cooler, or is it deleted?

Snake

Reaction score
So how can the block surface be too clean? Lighten up Francis. Maybe I, and probably most everyone else who read your post, misunderstood what you were trying to say.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
when you prep a deck by hand, wheter it be cookies, brass scraper, razor blade, block and paper, your goal is not to remove the stains. if you remove the stains, your going to create a very untrue surface.

Now if you actually have it decked, yes the stains being taken care of isnt an issue since its all going to be flat and true in the end. by hand it wont be flat

FallenAuthority

Reaction score
when you prep a deck by hand, wheter it be cookies, brass scraper, razor blade, block and paper, your goal is not to remove the stains. if you remove the stains, your going to create a very untrue surface.

Now if you actually have it decked, yes the stains being taken care of isnt an issue since its all going to be flat and true in the end. by hand it wont be flat

At work we clean every deck and head surface lightly with a cookie wheel and follow it with a scotchbrite pad, every surface completely clean and smooth and never had a problem, several of these trucks have well over 100k on the new set of gaskets.