6.0 no power

Big Red03

Reaction score
I got my 03 6.0 bullet proofed and d.eleted and after I got it back I have a bully dog programmer in it and I had it all warmed up and I does not have any power and it sounds a lot quieter anybody know anything that may be going on??
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Turbo? How long wa it driven after getting done? Ha the turbo relearn completed?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
How many mles have been put on it? It could be air in the oil still. If that doesnt work, get it to operating temp and sit in gear not moving for about 15-20 minutes to relearn the turbo, as you probably dont have the ford ids to know when it is done relearning. Also, while it is cool you could pull the air inlet off and.make sure the turbo spins free and didnt seize somehow.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ok that should be enough ato clear the air out. When you say quieter how do you mean? Injector noise, turbo noise, exhaust....

Big Red03

Reaction score
Like turbo and exhaust does sound like they use to

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Checkthe turbo to make sure its still good. Also check the vgt connector, make sure the wires arent bare or anything, it could be shorting out or open, and causing it to not operate properly.

Big Red03

Reaction score
Okay thank you is it bad if it got up to 212 coolant temp trying to pull buddy out today!

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I wouldnt be too worried about it. Here in az in the summer we see 230 temps pretty often on trucks in the shop with no issues.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I would think you need a little more information here. what kind of boost numbers are you seeing, what is your fuel pressure, ICP, more information here to give the forum an idea of whats going on.

on a complete side note, I would do you self a favor and get ride of that bully dog and get a better tuning platform for that truck

Latest posts

Members online