6.0 P2285, P2287, idle surge/limpmode

06regcab6.0

Reaction score
first time posting but have a lot of experience with 6.0s. The problems started this morning on my way to work. Truck started like normal in the morning and drove fine for about 20 mins until it got warmed up and started running a little rough at idle, and i also noticed icpv was low and the voltage was fluctuating like crazy. (Monitoring at icp sensor) and truck was down on power and threw p2285 code injector control pressure sensor circuit low.
Got to work and let truck sit for 6 hours or so, i unplugged icp sensor and drove it and ran fine till warmed up and had the same symptoms. noticed ficm V was at 36v so i swapped that out and ICP sensor out as well. Also changed oil, truck runs much better now and ficm is staying at 48v. drove it about 30 mins and then it starts fluctuating at idle and instead of a steady .70 ICPV at idle (normal) it jumps to .80 ICPV and fluctuates and runs rough and throws P2287 Injector Control Pressure intermittent. until you shut it off and then if you restart it, its fine for about 10 mins. Until it almost goes back into the "limp-mode"? ive tried all the wiggle tests with the harness and cant figure it out. I know its got a lot of mods but it always runs as smooth as a stock truck. Possible HPO leak or bad ipr valve? Let me know what you guys think!

78f100

Reaction score
If it's clearing up on restart I would check the ipr and wiring really good. I had a ambulance today do about the same, last night they got a call and it wouldn't start. I put the ids on it, 230 psi oil pressure, wiggled the harness, unplugged and reconnected the ipr and it started fine and drove it to the shop. Today we cut the harness loose all the way back to the pcm, found a little place where the wires had been smashed pretty hard right below the air box

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Pigtail for icp.... seen this cause lots of goofy stuff. Some corrosion on the ends, missing the white piece or the weather pack, or cracked locking tab will cause goofy readings.

Latest posts

Members online