6.0 powerstroke problems

Kanebasford

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the diesel game, I've got a 2007 f250 with the 6.0l. The truck will start up fine when cold but whenever it gets up to operating temperature it hesitates and chokes up when taking off when the turbo starts spooling up and blows lots of white smoke. Then followed by lots of black smoke and takes off like it should. Truck seems to be underpowered. Then when I shut it off it will not start back untill i let it set and cool off for about an hour. I've changed egr valve and that did not help. Only code it throws is turbo/supercharger under boost

Mdub707

Reaction score
Usually a warm hard start is caused by a small leak in the high pressure oil system. On a 2007 truck there are a few areas that the parts have been updated. I would recommend starting there if you don't know the history of this truck. STC fitting is the most common. If I was already in there replacing that, I would go ahead and replace the stand pipes and dummy plugs as well. Parts for this shouldn't be more than $200 including fluids and gaskets, but the labor may be a little more if you're paying someone to do it.

6.0bored

Reaction score
While you doing HPO system stuff u might as well get rid of the egr cooler and egr valve. :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.