6.0 puking

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
I'm sure there is a thread on this but didn't have time to search through them. I'm don't know much about the 6.0 but I have an idea what this means.

Friends 6.0 just started puking coolant from degas jug and check engine light came on while pulling his boat. Did not run hot.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Ok like I said we are both new to the diesel game so what do we need to check while we are at the boat launch to make sure it is even a good idea for him to pull the boat home?

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Ok let me add a few more things so you guys have all the info.

He was pulling the boat up a bridge started loosing power heard a release of pressure then lost power and had to get on the throttle harder to make it over.

He stopped on the other side and popped the hood and saw the coolant coolant puking.

Once he closed the hood and got back in the wrench light came on then went off then 5 min later the CEL came on.

Hope this is better info

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
without diagnostic tools about all i can recommend for you to do is to check for oil in the coolant, water in the exhaust, and if it is tuned return it stock for the trip home.
do not use tap water for coolant
if the oil cooler is blocked you might be able to run the heater on vent full blast to combat some of the heat

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
No oil or water in places that they shouldn't be, that we saw anyway, filled the coolant back up.

I think I'm gonna just pull the boat back for him with my truck and have him follow then get it to the shop. Thanks for the help guys.

turbie

Reaction score
might not be it but, it could have puked and you haven't noticed it while traveling. then
while launching the boat, more grunt is needed to get up the ramp, it might have blown an intercooler boot = the lost power/pop you heard.

i know that in my truck, i filled the bottle too full and it puked a little. but after i drained
to the min mark it hasn't done it since. could be that?

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
need to check the cm dtcs, but going by what you have described it sounds like the oil cooler may be blocked up. the latest reflashes monitor oil cooler efficiency and will set a DTC when the oil cooler isnt working properly. and it will reduce power to protect the engine.

when coolant flow is restricted by the oil cooler the coolant in the EGR cooler can flash boil and cause the truck to puke coolant.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. We brought it to the shop last night and they will be starting on it tomorrow morning ill post what they find out.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Yeah he thought it was outrageous also. He is actually contemplating trading it in. It's an 07 lariat with 122,000 miles.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
you might ignore their diag and try another shop!

It sucks because they are known as one of the best diesel shops in this area but are also well know for their prices and shop rates.

He doesn't know what he is going to do. I wish he and I were more mechanically incline when it comes to diesel but we are both learning and I don't know what kind of project that would be for us IF its even the correct diagnoses.

Latest posts

Members online