6.0 Rough Idle, No Rev HELP

Reaction score
Truck is a friends that i came in on the tail end of the repair. Its an 04.5 with 244k miles. Truck was previously stock. Put on Headstuds, Reg Return, DIY 175/75's, 68mm VGT and remaned heads. He started the truck last night and it had a slight exhaust leak. Checked the monitor and ICP was 1100 with 34%DC. FICM is showing 49 volts. I go over to his house today to hear it in person and it was a rough idle that sounded like it had a fuel knock, ICP was 1100 but the duty cycle was 94% with idle speed around 450rpm. Truck will not rev at all, checked the monitor and it shows the ECU seeing full sweep of the pedal. Fuel supply is steady 60 psi. I am thoroughly familiar with the 7.3's and 6.4's but next to no experience with these 6.0's. Any and all help would be appreciated. i am willing to check suggested points with the feedback if that will help these process. Thanks for looking :toast:

Reaction score
i forgot as well it was equipped with an EGR delete as well. he said the rough idle we're experiencing now is the exact same thing it did before he tore it apart. thanks again

pdumont01

Reaction score
High oil pressure Seems low that ICP should be about triple that at almost a full duty cycle. Any codes?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

pdumont01

Reaction score
Pull the regulator And see if the screen is torn. Does the truck ever not start when it is hot? Could be a weak pump or a leak. Def sounds like a HP oil issue.

Reaction score
ok, thank you for the input. I contacted him and relayed the message, he said the IPR is new. But he said he had to rotate the solenoid a little to get the harness plug to plug in. could that rotation of the solenoid damaged it by chance?

pdumont01

Reaction score
No they should move it won't hurt anything unless the connector part is broken.

Reaction score
ok, good. we're going to remove the ICP sensor and put air to the system and try to listen for a leak. ill update if there is anything else out of the ordinary. thanks for your time pdumont

Reaction score
Well my friend changed his hpop. Cranking psi is now 1400, 40% duty cycle. Found bottom dummy plug orings leaking. Replaced and I'm pretty sure we just fried the starter. Still won't light on its own or rev. Sound like it has a fuel knock while cranking. Cranking rpms were 200-230, key on engine off icp voltage was .14, and the backpressure sensor reads 50 koeo. The icp, ipr, vgt actuator, oil cooler, and hpop are all brand new. These things are about cursed when they aren't running.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.