6.0 ?s

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Looking at moving out to nd to work the oil fields and want to buy a 6.0 for my daily driver. I dont want to bring out my obs and beat it after all the work im doing to it. I already am planning studs, hg's, oil cooler, egr delete, exhaust and 6637 with a possible sct livewire with custom tunes. i would like to do a garrett powermax and maybe some sticks and some tranny mods. I dont want to make huge hp, just want some more and want it more reliable. What do you all suggest?

Dave

Reaction score
05-07 is the way to go. Dont waste your time with the 6637. The stocker flows just as good and filters better.

Skip the livewire. Its a turd. Either get an X3/CTS combo or an ITsx

Dave

Reaction score
What gauges are you putting in it otherwise.

The CTS is an all in one deal. Eliminates the huge pillar while providing way more PID's to monitor.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I like gh for no smoke good stock acting power. Idp makes smokes but nicer to drive. You dont need a 6637 and probably wont have to do tranny work.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Let us know if we can get you a quote on the cts , sct , studs etc in a package deal.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
I like my autometer cobalts.. ill have trans temp, boost, pyro and fuel psi. Im not worried about monitoring anything more. It will only be a dd/work truck. Any towing will be handled by my obs with the cummins/eaton 10spd setup

Last edited:

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
I like gh for no smoke good stock acting power. Idp makes smokes but nicer to drive. You dont need a 6637 and probably wont have to do tranny work.

I will be working in the most remote areas of north dakota... I will NOT risk any reliability in the trans so it will be built. Also why im going with the reliability mods to the engine. And of course, i need some decent go fast mods. Nothing wild though.

What do you all suggest for maybe 450 to 500 rwhp for sticks. Do the stock hpops handle bigger sticks? Just a nice reliable mediocre hopped up 6.0 will make me happy. I havent looked into the 6.0s much yet. I like them. At work now have a stock 05 f450 that has been a great truck

Dustball8504

Reaction score
If you are looking for reliability why not just stud it, delete the egr, put and exhaust on it and a mild tune and call it a day? More power and beating on it is where you'll have issues.

STROKER

Reaction score
if you get a 05-07 dont forget to do the STC fitting thats a common problem that will leave you stranded, also i would do the upgraded stand pipes and dummy plugs. as for injectors, leaving it stock would be the safest thing but if you want your 450-500hp goal i would do a powermax with 190s. Your HPOP will be ok with this size injectors too

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Thank you. I was just about to ask about the stc fitting. Also do the 05-07s need the different turbo oil line too or is that 03/04? What are the dummy plugs all about?

STROKER

Reaction score
i believe the updated feed line was only for the 03s which had like a quick connect fitting on it, but im not 100% positive so someone correct me if im wrong. But the dummy plugs and stand pipes are in the oil rail and from the factory just had o rings on them which could tear of wear out and will cause a HPO leak/ no start if they get bad enough (happened on my truck). the updated dummy plugs and stand pipes have a nylon washer with the oring so it will not fail.

STROKER

Reaction score
you can get everything through ford, if you want we sell them, or sunrise ford who is also a sponsor on here.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. When i find a truck, my first mods off the bat will be all te reliability mods, tunes, and a modded ficm and exhaust. Then go from there. Ill keep ya'all in mind. Appreciate the help

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.