6.0 smoking

Noonman350

Reaction score
Just bought an 06 6.0. With 59k on the motor... When I'm driving around I notice a haze of black smoke between shifts ( it's a manual ). Also, today when I left it idled while I was in a meeting at my office, and when I left about an hour later it was smoking white/slightly blue for about 5 miles then cleaned up... Is this normal? Or is something wrong? It's still under warranty... It's my first 6.0 so o don't know much about them.

valvetick

Reaction score
Is the truck ******d? Pull the egr valve and see if it's wet if it's not ******d. Also 6.0's don't like to sit and idle all day it's not a big rig you will gum up the vanes in the turbo doing that a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atsah

Reaction score
As said above, don't let a 6.0 idle for long periods of time, it's no good for them..

EGR valves on 6.0's are a PITA.. It is probably full of soot, when they get that way they cause problems that's why most people ****** them along with the cooler, the cooler is also worthless and causes nothing but problems..

Noonman350

Reaction score
Ok I'll make sure I'm not doing that anymore. And I'm going to ****** the egr once that warranty is up I have. And who makes the oil cooler ******? I was wondering about running bullet proofs system cause I've heard they're nessicarnecissary if you tow with the truck...

Atsah

Reaction score
Does your extended warranty say you have to have all your repairs done at a Ford dealer? If not, I don't see why you couldn't ****** the EGR/cooler. Most garages couldn't care less, they just want to be paid for repairs..

Latest posts

Members online