6.0L Cam and Valve Timing

DMAX

Reaction score
I want to get everyones input on valve timing. I thought the big notch on the crank lined up with the big notch on the cam to time it. The Rear crank cover was pulled off after the cam and crank were taken out so we couldnt verify it that way.. but I was just told that the little notch on the crank is supposed to line up with the big notch on the cam. Any one want to offer some insight? Thanks in advance.

-Eric

Silverback

Reaction score
There is an rotunda specialty tool that makes timing these motors a breeze, sorry I can't remember which marks match up where though

DMAX

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply,

We didnt want to drop all the money on the tool, and since this truck isn't a Daily driver we figured we would pull the cover. But once I actually thought about it, it was a no brainer. It is the little mark, the 2 big ones are used to line up the timing tool. I would like to buy the tool eventually. Hypermax sent us pictures of it and it did look easy!

-Eric

Extended Power

Reaction score
Here is a picture with the tool, but...if you will notice, the crank dowl pin is straight down, and the 2 alignment marks are on the bottom...pointing down as well.

Attachments

• IMAG0132.jpg
    IMAG0132.jpg
    932.2 KB · Views: 167

Latest posts

Members online