6.0L running rough and lots of blueish smoke

Powersmoke_sd

Reaction score
I have a 06 with 177K, and its bone stock besides the EGR delete, it just started running really rough and smoking alot. I tested the FICM and have 48V KOEO, 47V when cranking, and 48V when running. The CEL is on and the last time i checked the codes it was for the EBP sensor. My wife is taking it to have the codes checked again and see what we come up with. Any thoughts or insite as to what would cause this?

Also the truck had new injectors installed at 150K, last year about this time. The EGR delete was done about 3 months ago. At the time of the delete the oil cooler was updated. Just had the oil changed about 750 miles ago at ford, and they didnt have any bad things to report.

Any help would be great, thanks Jon.

darklcdfeller

Reaction score
I had to get my tube loosened up from the bottom and then finish from the top. Loosen up the coolant tank and push it over on top of the valve cover. Also take your filter and tube leading to the turbo out and its not too terrible to do. I actually just replaced my sensor.

thanks,
Ac

Powersmoke_sd

Reaction score
I got the codes off of it the other day, 2 codes for #7 injector misfire, 2 for random misfire and 1 for EGR flow. Its going to international today for #7 injector. The shop I work for does business with them and I got a break on the price.

Mdub707

Reaction score
You just did them 25k miles ago and have to replace another already? WTF?

What kind of oil/oil filter are you running and how often do you change it?

What kind of fuel filters do you use and how often do you change them?

Whats your fuel pressure look like? Might want to invest in a fuel pressure gauge if you don't have one now.

Powersmoke_sd

Reaction score
All service work is done at ford every 3-5k. Been that way since day one. Ford told me 7 new injectors and one remaned. After doing alittle research, I found that ford most likely fawked me and put 7 remaned and 1 used. So think the used one is now dead.

Mdub707

Reaction score
That's strange too. Yeah Ford only sells remans now, no new. However, I'd trust their remans over most companies out there. The term reman doesn't mean the same to everyone.

Powersmoke_sd

Reaction score
Well International called and said its not an injector, did a compression test on #7 and its blowing back into the intake manifold. So they are pulling the head off tomorrow and we'll see what it is. Anybody else ever have any problems like this?

Powersmoke_sd

Reaction score
Found #7#7 piston beat to rat piss, turbo's gone, motor is toast! Getting a turn key ong block from international to the tune of $14K, marry fawkin christmas to me!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.