6.4 no power

BlueOvalDiesel

Reaction score
Today after work i hopped in my truck and it was running rough and no power when i would try to take off. Acted like a feul problem. Finally could get it to 55 but it took a while. Any idea what this could be?

webb06

Reaction score
Sounds like a dead injector. Cracked piston? Does it have blowby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Do you have any way of monitoring pids or pulling codes?

BlueOvalDiesel

Reaction score
Pulled the filters out today. The filter on the frame rail had a big booger on it. Real slimy stuff. Gonna change filters and hopefully that solves my issue.

BlueOvalDiesel

Reaction score
Pulled filters today and the one on the frame rail had a big booger on it. Gonna change filters and hopefully it fixes the problem. Otherwise i had a feeling it was about to get expensive lol

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
every time I've been privy to a high pressure pump failure it exhibited the same way...

down on power, then some cutting out, then some nighty night

it usually happened within the span of a hundred miles or so though

BlueOvalDiesel

Reaction score
Im hoping thats not it. Ran fine in the morning tho. Had a nasty glob of crap on the filter. No metal tho. Do you have to pull the cab to do high pressure pump?

BlueOvalDiesel

Reaction score
Changed filters today and got it started. Didnt pull codes before filters but this is what i got. 2 egr codes and one cranking feul pressure too low. Probably cause of replacing filters. While driving still acting up. I have an egr error of 99%. I am fairly certain it is egr related. Just want to see what your fuys opinion is. Truck is stock. Planned on ******** it anyway lol

BlueOvalDiesel

Reaction score
Also had a really hard time getting it started after filters. Left the frame filter and cap off for a day. My old 6.0 i would just cycle the key a few times and i was good to go. Didnt know if there was a trick to bleeding it. Or if it was cause i had the cap off for so long.

Also my rail pressure was 5000 at idle 24000 max around 10000 to 12000 at 55 to 60 cruising.

Jbird

Reaction score
A lot of people have problems getting air in the line changing filters. First time i did my own i did too. Took me an hour or two to get it back. Just kept letting the letting the pump prime and bleeding the lines at the banjo bolt on the fuel cooler. I tried it with the schrader valve but i never would clean up. Makes a mess. Oh and the last time i started it up and it worked i had pushed that fuel cutoff button in passenger side of the dash. Really dont know if that had anything to do with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
it's a bear to get them primed sometimes...

I always change the frame filter first, cycle/prime the key-on about ten times. Fire it up, idle it long enough to satisfy my desire to hear it idle smooth. Then do the same on the engine filter.

it's pretty drama free anymore

Latest posts

Members online