6.4 pusher pump on 6.0

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
I have done some searching and I cannot find out how to set this up. Im guessing i just need some 1/2'' fuel line and to make a bracket to mount it.

Do I need a sump?
can I use 1/2'' line to the stock hfcm?

Does anyone have pics of an install?

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Also where can i get the adapter to wire it in?

Is there a special tool needed to disconnect the stock fuel lines...?

Last edited:

04cr450

Reaction score
You need a sump to make the 6.4 pump work correctly. I used 1/2" quick connect fittings and 1/2" fuel line. I mounted it between the fuel tank and the transfer case on frame. The 6.4 wiring harness is the same as the 6.0 harness. Just extend the harness and wire the harness wire for wire to the 6.0 harness. The 6.4 pump works great and is well worth doing for sure.

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
My plan for now is to add the 6.4 pump to the stock lines. I know this is not the best way and if yall say it will not work then I wont waist my time. That said I just need a temporary (1 year or so) solution until I can afford to do a full custom fuel system(currently dipping to 25psi at WOT).

My plan is to cut at the rubber on the stock HFCM and attache a barbed fitting 3/8 to 1/2 to new rubber fuel line then to the 6.4 supply pump. I will also do the same for the return. Cut at the rubber 5/16 to 3/8 fitting to the supply pump.

I was either going to use hose clamps to attach the rubber hose to the stock fuel tubing or use AN hardline fittings which are rated for 50psi.

If anyone has any better ideas i'm open to suggestion!

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Honestly I'm not sure a 6.4 pump will allow you to maintain 60psi. It sounds like your stock pump is pretty well smoked if it's dropping that far

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Yea I was reading a little lady night and I came to that conclusion to. I am going to just replace my stock pump for now. Then add the 6.4 pump in a month or so.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Zmann

Reaction score
Honestly I'm not sure a 6.4 pump will allow you to maintain 60psi. It sounds like your stock pump is pretty well smoked if it's dropping that far
agreed I don't see any mods that would need extra fuel

so if filters and the pickup aren't the cause of the PSI drop
I would just be happy with a new 6.0 pump

swinky

Reaction score
I'm going to be running a Holley pump that's rated for 100gph at 7psi. Was only $65 shipped brand new. I'll let you guys know how it works with 190/75s.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Mdub707

Reaction score
Thanks for posting my thread man. I was about to post it but u beat me to it. lol

No problem. I saw you were in here and figured you'd do it but I already had it handy anyway LOL

I'm going to be running a Holley pump that's rated for 100gph at 7psi. Was only $65 shipped brand new. I'll let you guys know how it works with 190/75s.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Don't some of the7.3 guys use this pump sometimes as well as a different pump (forget the name). I've only heard good things about the Bosch pumps and nothing but issues with the Holley's.

Latest posts

Members online