6.4 Tune Results

strokin20

Reaction score
Yea you def need the updated tune. I can't make mine smoke. I'm at work for a month but when I get off I'll try to get a video.

09stroker

Reaction score
I need to try the updated tunes. Hey matt, what ever happened to the pilot injection removal?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
If your gearhead tune smokes, something is wrong.

It is extremely surprising to people when you stomp them on the freeway on a 50-90 run, but not an ounce of smoke comes from the tail pipe

strokin20

Reaction score
lol well since i recently did these last few mods, its almost impossible not to stomp on it and just let the hammer down lol. it feels so powerful but its a smooth power. kinda hard to describe. i'll do my best to get some vids and mileage figures when i get off work and head home. i drove to galveston into a headwind the whole way which is around 350 or so miles and i've still got a little over a quarter tank left.

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
I need to figure out what is wrong with mine, after the last time I went back to stock for a 100k check up it will black out the 3 lane freeway but then it clears up for the most part. But I think I may have an exhaust leak before the turbo,maybe a cracked up pipe or something along those lines

MINK

Reaction score
I need to figure out what is wrong with mine, after the last time I went back to stock for a 100k check up it will black out the 3 lane freeway but then it clears up for the most part. But I think I may have an exhaust leak before the turbo,maybe a cracked up pipe or something along those lines

Yeah something is wrong - the only time mine will smoke any is under 100% throttle and even then its nothing compared to most tunes.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score

What do exhaust temps look like?

I have towed 2 loads both grossing 12k and never saw anything over 1000* on the newest street file

Gearhead

Reaction score
I need to try the updated tunes. Hey matt, what ever happened to the pilot injection removal?

I found mileage gains by using the pilot to advance the timing instead of doing it all in a main shot because the piston doesn't have to work so hard before TDC trying to overcome early cylinder pressure peaks.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I only see smoke when getting back in the throttle while rolling if I don't do it smooth, and then if I roll into it hard from about 30. But nothing like other tunes. Just haze really not even smoke.

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
What do exhaust temps look like?

I have towed 2 loads both grossing 12k and never saw anything over 1000* on the newest street file

500-700 cruising and 1500 if I'm on the floor..... I guess I need to get around to looking for an exhaust leak, I didn't even realize they were that high till I checked. Good thing I don't hammer on it often

On edit: now that I think about it, when I had my truck at ford right after I bought it, the advisor mentioned that the cts read 150-200 than the scanner

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I've been running this tune now for a few weeks, its by far the cleanest tune I've ever ran on this truck in the 4.5 years its been tuned. Looks like my mileage has come up some too, I noticed about another 50 miles to a tank.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Thanks again Matt for putting in the time and effort to bring us clean tunes... nothing pisses of a WRX more than loosing to an 8000lb truck that isnt even smoking haha

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I found mileage gains by using the pilot to advance the timing instead of doing it all in a main shot because the piston doesn't have to work so hard before TDC trying to overcome early cylinder pressure peaks.

Matt,
what type of mpg gains are possible. In the winter using the newest IDP tunes, all city, stop and go i see only about 12-13ish mpg. In the summer I can see about 15mpg. I try to drive reasonable.
Erics newest tunes seem to run fine and I'm using his Xt-street for my DD. Its cleaner than his older version and way cleaner than the KEM345 I tried.

What would you suggest of your tunes, that is compariable to the IDP Xt-street? I don't tow/haul really, and i like the Xt-street cause it goes when I need it to. I don't really want to have to go to a lower tune if I can avoid it.

I have also run all IDP tunes, no degas issues, oil analysis showed no coolant but I would like to stud some time in the future.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Matt,
what type of mpg gains are possible. In the winter using the newest IDP tunes, all city, stop and go i see only about 12-13ish mpg. In the summer I can see about 15mpg. I try to drive reasonable.
Erics newest tunes seem to run fine and I'm using his Xt-street for my DD. Its cleaner than his older version and way cleaner than the KEM345 I tried.

What would you suggest of your tunes, that is compariable to the IDP Xt-street? I don't tow/haul really, and i like the Xt-street cause it goes when I need it to. I don't really want to have to go to a lower tune if I can avoid it.

I have also run all IDP tunes, no degas issues, oil analysis showed no coolant but I would like to stud some time in the future.

Who knows, I'd be leary running race on a stock truck, but if you want to be a test case go for it.... these things are a lot more stout compared to a 6 liter stock for stock.

Latest posts

Members online