6.4 vs 6.7

6.4pstroker

Reaction score
Ive got a 6.4 spartan tuned with a 5inch flo pro. And the local dealership has a real nice 6.7. The ever soo difficult decision is keep the 6.4 or get the 6.7?? I love my 08 but the '11 is nice too. Anybody made the switch? Just curious lookin for some opinions

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
IMO it depends on what your after. Comfort wise I love the newer interiors. Making the switch means your going to sacrifice some HP for the comfort though

webb06

Reaction score
many many people have done the switch and most love it! the ones that have switched though say they are getting out of the go fast aspect and just want a NICE reliable truck.

aftermarket world will eventually catch up but the 6.4 will have more power for now for sure.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
many many people have done the switch and most love it! the ones that have switched though say they are getting out of the go fast aspect and just want a NICE reliable truck.

aftermarket world will eventually catch up but the 6.4 will have more power for now for sure.

This post pretty much sums it up the best thats why i switched, but i have both

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Just for a comparison on power.
My 450 with Innovative Tow tune tows like a '11 F250 stock. The extra gear helps in my opinion. Would I trade no. I love my 450. 250-250 though, hell yes.

521turbo

Reaction score
Love my 6.7, wouldn't trade it for the power. The interior and the mileage are well worth the trade. My stock 6.7 gets 12.5 mpg pulling my camper, and my tuned 6.4 got 7-8 mpg.

sootie

Reaction score
comfort and reliability over against raw power. with the recent breakdowns and expense when running a 6.4 north of 700HP, the reliability is starting to sound really really good.

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
I think if you daily drive, tow, or just have a tune only 6.4 making the switch is well worth it. For me who rarely gets to drive my truck during the week and runs 11.4 in the 1/4 I dont want to "upgrade" to a 6.7. Only reason I would is for the interior. Honestly I've thought more about a eco boost or raptor than a 6.7. Or that nissan cummins will probably be sick.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

sootie

Reaction score
I think if you daily drive, tow, or just have a tune only 6.4 making the switch is well worth it. For me who rarely gets to drive my truck during the week and runs 11.4 in the 1/4 I dont want to "upgrade" to a 6.7. Only reason I would is for the interior. Honestly I've thought more about a eco boost or raptor than a 6.7. Or that nissan cummins will probably be sick.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

you didnt just say that did u....

strokethis_06

Reaction score
Bumping this up. Im in the market for a new truck. Have my eye on a 6.4. But seems like everyone is selling the 6.4s and moving on to 6.7s. What would you do and why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

04redcrew

Reaction score
i had a hopped up 6.0 and was test driving used 6.4 and i test drove a 6.7 and wow the interior and stock power was nice. Lets just say i own a 6.7 lariat now

alradco

Reaction score
Bumping this up. Im in the market for a new truck. Have my eye on a 6.4. But seems like everyone is selling the 6.4s and moving on to 6.7s. What would you do and why?

I wouldn't say everyone is selling their 6.4s moving to a 6.7. They are both probably the baddest trucks on the road. Seems like the 6.4 guys are making more and more power but the 6.7 had some comfort refinements that a lot of people like. I would say drive both and make the decision for what meets your goals best. Honestly I don't see how you could go wrong either way.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score

This is why I went with a new 6.7 instead of a pre-owned 6.4. I love the power, mpg's and reliability of my truck. It's nice to have a warranty too so that any issues it goes back and they pay for it. I knew if I went 6.4 I would have tuned and deleted it and than the power bug would have bit me again. Just my $.02.

Last edited:

strokethis_06

Reaction score
I guess I should have stated that it will be heavily modded. Which is the biggest reason I'm leaning towards a 6.4.

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
I guess I should have stated that it will be heavily modded. Which is the biggest reason I'm leaning towards a 6.4.

If you're gonna mod it, go 6.4. Easy to make stupid power on em. My boss has a 6.7 and is jealous of how quick my 6.4 is.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
6.7's are proving to be pretty power capable too. Couple of threads in the 6.7 Aftermarket forum to keep an eye on.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
I'm keeping my 6.4 till the wheels fall off. Then I will roll them back over and slap em back on. It will be paid off in 2 years and I don't want to start the payment process all over again.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

tbsimmons

Reaction score
The thing about the 6.7's, PRICE, but all the big (3) have gone way up.
I love my truck. I love the interiors, but not for a payment right now.

Latest posts

Members online