**6.4L Tuning Update**

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Posted yesterday:

Just uploaded a BETA version of our new base files for you guys to try out. Everything in these files is brand new; we basically started from scratch.

The files linked below are a 325HP file, making similar peak power to our old 310. That's about all that it has in common, though. The mannerism of the new base files is entirely different- pedal feel, shifting characteristics, etc.

This is the first of several we will be releasing for BETA, I wanted to give you guys a taste. These base files, when finished, will provide the basis for starting points for our new custom files, and will also be the starting base for shift-on-the-fly. Part of the reason I've been waiting to start custom tuning, was to get these new base files done and vetted, so anyone buying will be getting the latest and greatest.

The 325 file I'm making available now is extremely mild-mannered until WOT. The pedal is far less sensitive than our past and current product, shifting is very mild below half throttle. Lockup on this file will fall between our current early lock and late lock. If you find that it's too early or late for your taste, don't worry, because you'll be able to edit that on-screen by the time we release a production version. General driving behavior is even milder than our current 210HP, more along the feel of a 75HP or 150HP file. You won't even know what you are driving until you step heavy in the throttle. Many of the techniques we used designing this were techniques learned in development of the 2015/2016 6.7L trucks, and any of you who own both will most likely notice immediate similarities in the pedal mapping, shift firmness/feel, etc. Also note that shifting adaptation is almost non-existent with this new file. Due to a large number of changes (yes, some of it stolen from the 6R140 ;)), this will typically adapt in a short trip around the block.

When you download the zip folder, remove the .enc file, and simply place it in the "transfer" folder of your tuner's SD card root directory folder, and it will show up in your available tunes as "325HP Experimental v8".

Please note, there are two versions- one for Job2+2008/2009/2010, and one for Spar<->tan TCM users. I'm still working on a new strategy layout for the Job 1 Build 2008 trucks; I'll post when it is ready.

If your vehicle strategy reads "SPAR<->TANENGINE1 SPAR<->TANTRANS02", download here:
http://www.spar<->tandieseltech.com/325_Job2.zip

If your vehicle strategy reads "SPAR<->TANENGINE1 SPAR<->TANTRANSTM", download here:
http://www.spar<->tandieseltech.com/public_html/325HP_TCM.zip

If your vehicle strategy reads "SPAR<->TANENGINE1 SPAR<->TANTRANS01", don't attempt to use either of these, I'll have a Job 1 update soon.

You'll need to remove <-> in the hyperlinks for the download. Had to put those in there because of the word filter.

Forget everything you knew about our previous stuff, and give this a try. Feedback appreciated!

***A note about converter lockup- as mentioned above, this file is middle of the road between early and late lockup. It may lock up a little too early if you have 3.55 gears and 37"+ tires, or a little late if you are in a F450 with 4.30 or 4.88 gears. Don't worry about this; as mentioned before, it will be adjustable by release date***

jus10keith

Reaction score
So, has the 325 BETA been taken down? I just heard about it yesterday and I can't get the link to work...

On edit, scratch that, I got it to download.

Last edited:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
We should have a few more beta files to release, including Job1 tunes, in the next week or so. I believe beta levels will be 75, 150, 200, and then the 325 that has already been released for Job2+ trucks.

boom24

Reaction score
We should have a few more beta files to release, including Job1 tunes, in the next week or so. I believe beta levels will be 75, 150, 200, and then the 325 that has already been released for Job2+ trucks.

Looking forward to the job 1 325 tune

Sinister 6.4

Reaction score
Posted yesterday:
How soon will the update be released for the "Spar-tanengine1 Spar-tantrans1"? I'm super eager to try this out. Also, will we see the same fuel mileage in the 325 experimental v8 as the 275hp tune? I currently roll around at 24mpg daily driving. Im not a fan of how the 275 shifts all the time and relearning gets to be a pain at times. Let me know! interested in testing!

Joe

woodsman

Reaction score
Got it loaded up yesterday and took it for a test cruise. This tune absolutely nailed it for me as far as throttle pedal input. The first 50% or so was light enough for me to bounce down logging roads without getting into any jerking feedback situation. Feels like a very healthy but stock truck. Transmission relearn went super quickly and more smoothly than with any previous tunes. Once you get closer to 3/4 throttle jekyl goes away and hyde comes out to play. My ONLY dislike on this tune (gotta pick on something) is the late lockup of the torque convert. With 3.55 gears and stock tires I'm at 55mph before the torque converter locks up at light throttle. I'd love to see it lockup in 4th round 35-40 and then grab 5th around 50-55 under light throttle for fuel economy. Overall this is by far my favorite tune, well done to the ******* team as always!!!

woodsman

Reaction score
If I coast into a 90 degree right hand turn at roughly 20 mph and then get on the throttle gently while turning, the transmission slams harshly into gear. I’m aware this is a Beta tune with many quirks still in it, just wanted to make yall aware of the issue. Please let me know if you need any log files etc from this issue, I’d be happy to help.

Latest posts

Members online