6.5" lift down to 2.5" leveling kit

fuzzys69

Reaction score
I have a 2003 f250. I have a 6.5" pro comp in it now. I'm in the process of taking the lift out and installing a 2.5" leveling kit. My question is can I keep the drop pitman arm and the drop track bar bracket, I have installed on the truck from the 6.5" lift?
Also what tires and wheels are a good fit for a leveling kit. Without any rubbing on the leaf springs? I was looking at a set of 325/60r18 or 305/65r18 with a set of 18x10 -24 backspacing.
Thanks

rescuejg

Reaction score
Drop Pitman arm is not needed with a level kit And will likely result in weird steering.

You will likely need something for the trac bar, but my guess is the Trac bar bracket will be too much drop. An adjustable trac bar is a much better option for a level kit.

In order to avoid bump steer you want your track bar and drag link to be the same angle and parallel to one another.

325s seems like a lot of tire for a level kit on a 2003. I had 285s with a level kit and i thought it was a good fit.

The later model trucks are able to fit much larger tires with a level kit. The fender openings are larger on the later model trucks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online