6.7 EBP low voltage

webb06

Reaction score
Anybody with a mini max tuner able to monitor ebp pressure or voltage? Looking at a customers truck last week trying to diag a turbo issue and saw his ebp voltage was 0 volts and 4psi. Returned truck to stock and ebp readings were normal.

So I looked at a buddies truck to compare. Same thing with his mini installed ebp was 0 volts. Didn’t worry about returning to stock on his but I’m sure it would read normal.

So is this just part of the tuning or is there an actual problem with the tuner?

Both trucks 2012 6.7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I’ve noticed this with some tuners, mini or ez. First one I ended up throwing an ebp and pigtail at it and went what the ****? Then returned to stock and found it normal. Proven has normal ebp readings, not sure who else might.

webb06

Reaction score
I’ve noticed this with some tuners, mini or ez. First one I ended up throwing an ebp and pigtail at it and went what the ****? Then returned to stock and found it normal. Proven has normal ebp readings, not sure who else might.

Weird

Do you have a workaround for tuned trucks that won’t connect to IDS? Ids says something like the unique pcm identifier is unrecognizable? Mostly with ez tuning

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Weird

Do you have a workaround for tuned trucks that won’t connect to IDS? Ids says something like the unique pcm identifier is unrecognizable? Mostly with ez tuning

Yeah. You have to pull the tear tag, and instead of connecting normally, you go to manual vehicle entry, all other, and then enter the tear tag in the box. The tear tag is typically a sticker on the pcm, or if you have access to fords dealer software (fmc dealer or pts) you can pull the tear tag thru that using the vin. I don’t know of any other aftermarket computer based vin stuff that will pull the tear tag, but there may be some

Gary

Reaction score
Did this problem ever get solved?

I have a 6.7 here, 2013, D'ed, it ran perfect for years then the EBPS voltage went to 0 and it doesn't make boost.

I tried a different sensor, no luck. Ohm'd the wires and they are good, load test the wires and still didn't find anything wrong. I got a different PCM and put a complete different tune in it and still no luck.
I opened the harness and followed the wires from the EBPS to the PCM and all that looks good.
I'm opened for ideas....

Gary

Reaction score
I did look at already, especially the connector, I didn't visually see anything wrong and I did wiggle it. I'll look again. Thanks!

webb06

Reaction score
From what I’ve found on some tuning the ebp voltage will read 0 volts. Sounds like you have another issue going on.

webb06

Reaction score
I did look at already, especially the connector, I didn't visually see anything wrong and I did wiggle it. I'll look again. Thanks!

Visually inspect air filter. Remove maf and make sure there isn’t something inside the sensor like bugs, hay, grass, feather, anything like that. Have seen many filters literally sucked up into the intake tube allowing all kinds of trash to get stuck in the maf sensor.