6.7 Fuel Rail Pressure Drop with Hot Tunes

dseitler

Reaction score
I would like to get other opinions on the fuel rail drop with running a hot tune. I am running 2013 Full DPF and EGR deletes, H&S intake tube upgrade, S&B Intake, Mini Max International Street running SPE HOTX. I am not willing to go the dual pumps because of the lower end failures over 600 HP. During the 1/4 mile run my pressure will drop to 26400 and then recover to 27000. My question is; What are the rest of you doing about this or Is it not worth worrying about? I have looked at the Mod VCV but that seems no one else is running this or talking about this. I would appreciate all you input. Thanks Dan

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
The thing with going to a dual pump system is, it will allow you to maintain rail pressure with the current "hot" tuning you have. You do not have to increase the horsepower level if you don't want. Beside's if you are still running the factory turbocharger it is a limiting factor on your horsepower level already....

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
The thing with going to a dual pump system is, it will allow you to maintain rail pressure with the current "hot" tuning you have. You do not have to increase the horsepower level if you don't want. Beside's if you are still running the factory turbocharger it is a limiting factor on your horsepower level already....

**THIS. I would not be afraid to put dual pumps on a stock truck and run it.

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
It all depend's on the tuning.... We found the turbo is pretty much done at 475-485, no matter how much fuel we kept adding. That is our dyno results, other's may vary....

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
This truck sounds like a good candidate for ported fuel rails and a modified volume control valve.
Rudy's diesel sells them and there is another thread in this section About the benefits.

BK39

Reaction score
It all depend's on the tuning.... We found the turbo is pretty much done at 475-485, no matter how much fuel we kept adding. That is our dyno results, other's may vary....

Do you guys take a little out on the tuning end because of the FRP drop? To prevent that from happening?

Agreed, about 480ish is what weve seen.

As Zane said, "dyno results, other's may vary". It's wild to think they vary 75RWHP. I've seen ppl claim 520-550RWHP.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41501&page=7

dseitler

Reaction score
I know you are right with the numbers. If I go back to SPE they say the tune HotX can produce almost 80 HP over the H&S delete tune. If I use the HP calculator I can run a 14.563 in the 1/4. I ran 5 passes Friday night at Palm Beach Test & Tune. That was my best time. My truck weighs 8580 LBS. Calculator shows 549.063. I find that hard to believe.

dseitler

Reaction score
Tickets

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 133

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
you cant use e.t. as your baseline. using the practical method of mph , your power is 498 .

dseitler

Reaction score
That sounds much better thanks. I still would like to here more about pushing the 6.7 as far as I can and still use the stock turbo and have a reliable bottom end. Any more ideas?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
To make the bottom end more reliable I would suggest a turbo kit with a single 63 non VGT. It will spool a little later taking some of the low end pressure of that puts rods threw the side of your block. The wicked wheel 2 seems kind of interesting as well as far as making more power but I have yet to see any before and after dyno results

dseitler

Reaction score
Is there a turbo out there that will bolt in the stock position that will take care of the stock turbo problem and give the performance we want?

Buck1

Reaction score
Good. It's all SOP right now and highly subjective. I thinks it's worth it. Hard to tell how much performance improvement as I don't beat on it hard everyday. Holds boost better on top end. Runs around 30 psi according to factory guage.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online