6.7 install help

Cknox121

Reaction score
I have a buddy that is installing h&s mini max on '11 6.7. He called and said his screen froze up on initializing communication screen. He just plugged it straight into the OBD port. Should he tie it into to a power wire like the book says?

Thanks

Cody

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

TripleE44

Reaction score
That's what I had happen to me when I bought one that turned out to be locked to another truck still....

You can stick the hdmi in the side of that block really slowly and at about halfway in it will grab just the power and I think you can tell what type of truck it's locked to if that's it.

Mpoage

Reaction score
As long as the switch is turned to the right position the mini maxx it will get power from the obd2 port. It sounds like he just doesn't have the key turned to the run position.

TripleE44

Reaction score
As long as the switch is turned to the right position the mini maxx it will get power from the obd2 port. It sounds like he just doesn't have the key turned to the run position.

I guess I worded that wrong. It will only grab the power, but won't connect to the truck to read anything.

Cknox121

Reaction score

That's what he did.

Now he has another problem. It won't stay on a tune, keeps flashing back to stock when he try's to switch to another tune.

I have a video if any of y'all would be kind enough to view and give me some insite. This is my cell number 706 496 6330

Thank Cody

TripleE44

Reaction score
That's what he did.

Now he has another problem. It won't stay on a tune, keeps flashing back to stock when he try's to switch to another tune.

I have a video if any of y'all would be kind enough to view and give me some insite. This is my cell number 706 496 6330

Thank Cody

That sounds like what it does when you don't turn off the defueling setting for the egt sensor if you don't have the egr delete with the egt probe in it.

Mpoage

Reaction score
Yes, but with an mcc unlock you could get some tunes from other vendors that will make a little more power than those.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.