6 speed tunes

Jmcbride

Reaction score
I have a 09 f350 cclb 4x4 with a dpf/cat delete, and a gutted air box with stock filter and I am still getting pretty crappy mileage, towing or empty. I run my sct on towing or street tunes mostly. I change my oil regularly and baby my pickup while driving. I am about to install a southbend double disk. I tow quite a bit from a light bumperpull trailer to heavy goosenecks. I am looking for some custom tunes but I am not sure who is the best with a standard tranny or if there is even a difference in the engine tuning.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Well the best tunes seem to be gearhead. There is some differences in standard tunes and auto. The only differences I have found is some timing in the upper rpms. But I dont think there is much else. These trucks don't get the best milage either, especially on winter fuel.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I have a 09 f350 cclb 4x4 with a dpf/cat delete, and a gutted air box with stock filter and I am still getting pretty crappy mileage, towing or empty. I run my sct on towing or street tunes mostly. I change my oil regularly and baby my pickup while driving. I am about to install a southbend double disk. I tow quite a bit from a light bumperpull trailer to heavy goosenecks. I am looking for some custom tunes but I am not sure who is the best with a standard tranny or if there is even a difference in the engine tuning.

I have run every tune except Innovative and Spartan to date. There is definitely a difference with GH tunes. By far, they are my favorites. Matt even made me a tow tune (on H&S) and an exhaust brake tune cause I do quite a bit of heavy towing also. Matt is not a big fan of the exhaust brake because of the extra strain it puts on the turbo, pipes, valvetrain, but since I was already running one, he hooked me up. IMO, they are definitely worth it. I ran canned SCT tunes a few years and I am sure you will see a big difference.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Many guys run Josh's tunes because of the complaints of people losing 6th Gear Cruise Control with others. I ran Josh's tunes in my 6 speed the 2 years I had it with 0 complaints ever. Thing screamed

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Many guys run Josh's tunes because of the complaints of people losing 6th Gear Cruise Control with others. I ran Josh's tunes in my 6 speed the 2 years I had it with 0 complaints ever. Thing screamed

Thanks to Jared I've been running Josh's tunes in my truck and love em. Now my truck is heavily modded and compared to a stock truck there will be a huge difference in tuning. I've tried every tuner. The only two that have been able to give me what I want has been Josh at RCD and Eric at IDP. I wouldn't run anything besides them now. My cruise works with both tuners. My fuel mileage is incredible with my RCD daily 585 tune and the power is ridiculous. My IDP tunes daily pretty well but fuel mileage is down. If I have any issues with either I just call and their tweaked to my liking. I've been running both for the past maybe two years with my setup. Love em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.