665 RWHP Dyno Vid and Chart

Chris

Reaction score
Got another 6.7 together this week. Setup is a MPD single turbo kit, Engineered Diesel Billet 66/74, H&S dual fuler kit, FASS lift pump w/ TSD sump feeding the CP3, Stock fuel delivery feeding the cp4, and TSD customer tuning. Stock motor, stock transmission.

Truck started at 618 rwhp on the canned H&S calibration 4 with a logged 1850us pulsewidth. started adding some pw to it and got to 665 at 2300us. The last 100us or so was very diminished returns so in my opinion the timing will need to be increased further, or were starting to get into the territory of needing a bigger injector nozzle. Being as this was the customers daily driver, he chose to call it quits at 665. I personally think we could hit 700 fuel only on the same setup, but itll have to be pushed a bit. The drivability is great. the 66 lags a bit more than the 63/68 but as you can see on the chart, its a very broad powerband. Cruising 75 mph on 35 inch mud terrains the truck would have around 7-8 psi and run abot 800 degrees. it would definately be ok for towing and the smoke output is very minimal unless you smash the skinny pedal with no boost built.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpeUH61SRSQ

rick_dyno.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Thats awesome, its great to see some of these trucks pushing power numbers that a year ago we though would put a rod threw the block and are now making 150 or more over top what just a tune and delete does

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Fwiw I can state from first hand direct experience that going above 1900 us injector on time with any more timing than what is included in calibration 4 WILLl bend rods. I have been at it a year and there is no doubt about it. Depending on correction factors the 66mm with calibration 4 is 600-700 rwhp. Its almost like h and s knew something about max effort for the bottom end when they released it.

You guys can take it for what it is worth but after a year of testing there is no way I would feel safe with anything more than cal 4. The trucks run great with that cal and it maxes out an ii 55% over pump.
I have also found that short burst on the dyno seem to hold up dececent even maybe an 1/8 mile run. But with the charger lit stretching it out on top end its bent rod territory.

Good job to the op on a very nice build and good running truck. these trucks have the potential to really perform and it is just awesome to see other guys getting it done.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Great work Chris. Truck looks like it runs stout. I'm really curious how hard I'll be able to push mine with a similiar set up and rods. I just hope we don't find any other weak points in the bottom ends of these.

Jared

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Great work Chris. Truck looks like it runs stout. I'm really curious how hard I'll be able to push mine with a similiar set up and rods. I just hope we don't find any other weak points in the bottom ends of these.

Jared

There are some worries about spinning crank gears.
I personally think its fine but while its apart a keyed crank and cam might be cheap insurance.