7.3 confusion

alexx567

Reaction score
It's a really long story. I started having problems with my 7.3. I at first thought it was a filter issue so I did my regular oil change and changed the fuel filter. But even as I kept driving the truck still kept on doing the same thing. The truck would be fine. Good idle but then if you step on it it chokes up and I lose power. If you start to slow down, the RPM's start to go down and it would stall. It would then take forever to turn on. Like no fuel would go in. I recently did I diagnosis on it and it just told me things I knew like tranny and stuff. Getting it fixed. Anyway. I refueled and it's working perfect but as soon as I pass half a tank, it started to happen again. I would lose power then if you put it on neutral or Parker and Floored it. It will roll coal if if you hold it, white smoke will come out. Idk what it can be. It will just lose power and it will barely accelerate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rusty1161

Reaction score
Your fuel pick up maybe bad. They look like a plastic upside down shower head. Over time they can crack or disintegrate.

Rusty

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 67

79jasper

Reaction score
^ bingo.
Don't see how the transmission would've had anything to do with it.
Also blow of the lines and tank selector valve if equipped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.