7.3 coolant leak

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I had to rebuild my oil cooler. Did a flush and changed all the fluids. Thought I was good and a week later my fan started kicking on once the engine was hot. I checked the coolant resivor and it was damn near dry. Added coolant and let the engine run. From what I can see none of the hoses are leaking. I'm wondering if the truck getting hot and cold blew the radiator? Anyone else think I need to replace my radiator? The leak is dripping from the middle of the radiator on the bottom.

Second question is wether or not this eBay radiator will work?
http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=191232310113&alt=web

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

sniper_101

Reaction score
Positive it's dripping from the rad, and not the water pump weep hole dripping and splashing off the drag link/trac bar or crossmember? No cracks/leaks in the degas tank? Is the coolant system pressurizing?

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I'm sure it's either the radiator or the coolant tank. I've looked all all over the fan shroud trying to find a leak from the resivoir. I plan to replace it at the same time I replace the radiator, if I do have to replace it.

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

masterglaizer

Reaction score
Look inside degas bottle is there a diesel smell in there or black crud floating in the bottle?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
No diesel smell but there's oil in the degas from the oil cooler issue

masterglaizer

Reaction score
Injector cups or blown head gasket due to strecher bolt or cracked heads. Got a set of heads at the machine shop for that very reason

And I did not say fuel I said diesel smell

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Well the motor has 28k on it. Studs valves springs HG were all installed at this time.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
OK I didn't pressure check the coolant because I pulled the degas and seen it was in bad shape. I went ahead and replaced it. Filled the truck with water to check for leaks. Didn't leak so I drove the **** out of it. Still didn't leak. Turn the truck off to drain it and fill with coolant and that's when it started leaking. Coming from the passenger side bottom corner of the radiator. Definitely not the water pump. I'm left thinking it's the radiator. What do you all think?

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
c488519a9b36fe08e0690c5106215587.jpg

360ddeca58e764f25a3d04696e4ebd6d.jpg

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Took a video also but tapatalk won't load it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
pop the shroud off and see exactly where its coming from. may even be squirting out the edge of the hose. ive seen wierder things on a 7.3. ..

live life full throttle

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I'll try to check that tomorrow. Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online