7.3 lift

Bmcgarvie

Reaction score
Looking to freshen up the old girl with a new suspension. NOT wanting to swap 05 axles and want to stay leaf sprung. With that being said I have been looking heavily at icon vehicle dynamics. Does anybody have any experience with them? gonna do new springs shocks all way around. Any recommendations and experiences would be appreciated. Also 4 inch lift max. Still want to use it as a truck.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Throw some links up as to what your looking at, I'm also struggling with 20 year old solid lift packs and I definitely would like some updating as well

Charles

Reaction score
I know you already balked at radius arms but man..... it's right there. Most of the holes are already in the frame. I did 2010 axles under my 02 with Carli tuned King coilovers in the front and a 2016 steering box. Drives just like a 17+ now.... if only they had kings that is. Plus the wider axle keeps your tire out of the fender at full lock for any given track width because the balljoint pivot is farther outboard and you can run less backspace for the same stance. Helps with unit bearing wear also.

Charles

Reaction score
1000006544.jpg

Bmcgarvie

Reaction score
Charles I really love the look of your truck. I understand the newer axles being more advanced with more options for a smoother ride. I Also understand that coils/coil overs will almost always outperform leaf springs. I’m just trying my best to come up with the best selection of parts for leaf springs. Different strokes I suppose. What size tires are you running in that picture.

Charles

Reaction score
Charles I really love the look of your truck. I understand the newer axles being more advanced with more options for a smoother ride. I Also understand that coils/coil overs will almost always outperform leaf springs. I’m just trying my best to come up with the best selection of parts for leaf springs. Different strokes I suppose. What size tires are you running in that picture.

37 x 12.50

I get it but you can't run any of the new, large steering boxes with leafsprings. They physically occupy the same space. Truck only drives like an old truck because of the box. With the larger box the truck drives just like my 17 or 20 model. I lost the leaves to clear that box. Ride and turning radius and braking was a side-benefit. Price is a wash either way.

Latest posts

Members online