7.3 mild modification advice needed

douger0500

Reaction score
Have an 03 7.3 f350 dually that is a farm truck. Owner of farm wants to boost power and efficiency a little.

We are trying to keep it under 500 bucks. So I was thinking about dp tuner with three tunes. stock 60 hp tow with o/d and an economy tune.

Going to straight pipe the cat and get and intake.

What intake to buy now that is the realm of 200 to 250?

Is a wicked wheel going to be necessary.

Do not want to do gauges so going to keep it modest. Farm truck that hauls a boat to the ocean every now and then.

How far can you go and be safe if you are sensibly driving the truck? 80hp 100hp 130hp? When does it cut out.

Every piece of advice is much appreciated.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
For a filter I would do the Napa 6637 filter all you need is a 4" long piece of 4" pipe. Should be able to do it for under 60.00 bucks.

If my memory serves me right PHP has one of the cheapest chips out there. I think it is under 300 or right above it for 6 tunes.

You should be able to do the chip and intake and not even hit 500 bucks. Might even be able to put a high flow muffler in there to and still be under 500 bucks.

But i would do the chip, intake, then spend the rest on gauges. Tranny (if auto) EGT, and Boost gauge.

RiVerBum01

Reaction score
Around here napa have the 6637 filters half off on the first and third Mondays and Fridays. I paid right at 25 bucks for the filter and used extra pipe off my exhaust to tie it together.

bruce

Reaction score
If you don't want to do gauges then I wouldn't do a power adder. Free up the intake and exhaust and call it good

Latest posts

Members online