7.3 No start

Japahlow

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the forum not sure if I'm posting in the correct thread here so sorry if i am wrong, I have 2002 7.3 was driving it died on me and wouldn't start. towed it home checked icp pressure was only about 220 pulled my ipr out cleaned it out and put it back together, have plenty of icp pressure to start now, crank sensor is new brand new fuel filter as well. Purged my filter of air, kinda lost at this point wondering if my idm is bad or any other suggestions would be great thanks for the help in advance.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Also pull the ICP sensor, check the plug/harness for oil, and try starting it with it unplugged.

Hercules-550

Reaction score
My 02 did that while on the road. Ended up being the injector orings. They were not holding pressure and the computer was keeping the truck from starting. Had to re-oring all the injectors. Worked great after that.

Japahlow

Reaction score
So turns out the i wasn't actually getting hpop pressure, Got a snap on scanner and read the pressure while cranking, I replace the ipr no change replace the hpop with an adrenaline, and i'm am back on the road! thanks everyone for the help!

T_rider_0013

Reaction score
My 2000 f350 7.3L is having the same problem but all 8 of my injectors, fuel pick up in the tank and idm were all replaced within the last month. What would it be if it barely starts and dies right off the bat?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

T_rider_0013

Reaction score
Checked it at low all ford shop and had good pressure. Wondering if fpr is bad or if pump itself is going out. They were trying to explain that the pump can have a glitch in the voltage that could cause it but I'm kinda not bying that.

T_rider_0013

Reaction score
I don't have any kinda scanner to check that any other ways to check it?

T_rider_0013

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to the diesel world please educate me

Magnum PD

Reaction score
It takes HPOP to fires the injectors on these HEUI injectors. At least 500 psi.

ghohouston

Reaction score
You tap a mechanical gauge into the high pressure oil system. There are several plugs along the oil rails of each cylinder head (oil rail is the rounded part at the top of the head above the valve covers). That will at least be a start. Beyond that, you can block off one port of the hpop, and plumb the gauge into the other port. I will say this, recently i had a 7.3 no start, checked EVERYTHING, low icp while cranking, replaced ipr, still no change. Put mechanical gauge on hpop, showed over 700 psi, only takes 500 to fire the injectors, so i figured it was okay, i didnt block off the ipr or anything. Truck had over 230k, so figured injectors were bad, owner said had rough idle and low power while cold, so we replaced them anyways. STILL no start. At this point, it had to be the hpop, and it was.

Latest posts

Members online