7.3 Oil Pressure, Water Team Gauge install Questions HELP!

Bulletproof7.3

Reaction score
95 PSD 7.3

Cant figure out where to put the oil pressure sending unit. The threads are quite a bit different than the one on the HPOP.

Hear people talking on other forums about a place on the block side of the Oil filter ? Does anyone have picture or previous thread link ?

And where should I put the Water temp sending unit at?? I have zero clue on this one, all of the ports look way to big or way to small for my sending unit.

Thanks for any help guys!

Addicted4

Reaction score
Coolant temp sensor is easy to put on the front cover by the water pump its going to take a adapter

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Just take the pump and temp sensor to a hardware store and find a brass male to female fitting with the proper threads.
Block side of oil filter would most likely be engine oil temperature, as opposed to HPOP pressure. There should be a test port on the top that has the correct thread pitch.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Tried to edit my previous post, but was too late.
Is this HPOP gauge you bought mechanical or electric? Electric gauges merely tap into the pig-tail for the ICP sensor.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm confused as to whether he's looking for LPO or HPO.
When he started talking about HPOP fitting I just assumed it was HPO.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
No he is talking about the factory oil pressure sending unit on top of the hpop.reservoir. And what port he is referring to is on the drivers side of the block what a gen 3 type hpop uses to delivery extra oil to the reservoir.

Bulletproof7.3

Reaction score
Yeah just talking about to factory oil pressure for the dummy gauge In the truck. The gauge is electronic and the sensor that came with the gauge doesn't match the factory threads on top of the hpop . I'm guessing I'm going to have to go to the parts store and get fittings that fit in that spot? Or will the plug down next oil filter work?

Water temp sounds like I just need to go get the fitting as well ?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
The top of the HPO res has a port, its a #4 O ring boss fitting. You can put your pressure there after getting the adapter.

Or you can install it in the block as mentioned before. That port is a 1/4" NPT and should require nothing but remove plug and install the sender.

The water temp can go below the T-stat. There is a 3/8" NPT port there. You will need a 3/8" to 1/4" reducing bushing to install the water temp there.

There is also a port on the housing that holds the oil filter, its a 1/4" NPT port that can be used for oil temp or pressure.

Bulletproof7.3

Reaction score
Found the Oil pressure sending unit that came with my gauges and its 1/8 NPT . So i will need a 1/4 to 1/8 NPT to make this work in any of the ports right?

Bulletproof7.3

Reaction score
12_T7_Oil_PSI_Sensor_zps10d53c8e.jpg

This is the exact Sending Unit that was provided to me for the oil pressure .

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Ewww... Must be glowshift...

Correction to what I said earlier... all your sending units are 1/8" NPT...

The oil pressure unit shown is from an old autometer gauge, The Isspro one's use OEM type plugs... 10 times the quality.

Attachments

• Picture 2631.jpg
    Picture 2631.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Picture 2643.jpg
    Picture 2643.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 79
  • Picture 2638.jpg
    Picture 2638.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 89

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I've replaced 4 pyros, 6 fuel pressures for quality Isspro gauges...

But none the less, thats your connection points.

Bulletproof7.3

Reaction score
Maybe ISSPRO is the issue lol... Just sayin. If I had a ton of money to throw into gauges I would buy the expensive ones. But I dont race and this is just my old truck.

Ill be buying some good gauges for my 06 Dodge when I have the time and money to put into it.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Maybe ISSPRO is the issue lol... Just sayin. If I had a ton of money to throw into gauges I would buy the expensive ones. But I dont race and this is just my old truck.

Ill be buying some good gauges for my 06 Dodge when I have the time and money to put into it.

Huh? I've removed the junk chinese knock off glowshifts for a quality made in the USA Isspro gauge...

The Isspro's are not that much more then the glowshift and are 10 times the gauge.

But none the less... Carry on!

Bulletproof7.3

Reaction score
No need to get bent out of shape, just giving you a little heck. I know the quality and prices of the gauges. Thanks for the help, sorry to offend.

Carry on!

Latest posts

Members online