7.3 PID Monitoring Questions

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Okay I know I have mechanical gauges but...... My spare SCT tuner I have I hooked it up to the OBDII port. and it works but have questions about the PID's

On the SCT it has a ECT PID and EOT PID there usually 30 degrees off from each other. Just cruising up a small grade the ECT climbs to 250 F and the clutch fan kicks on. When the ECT reaches back down to 210-215 the fan turns off. I heard that what scanners read for ECT on the 7.3 is bogus. But if it bogus why would the fan kick on at 250 and turn back off at 210-215? on the SCT at one point could show the EOT at 200 but ECT at 250 I would think 250 for ECT kinda high? Could that mean a clogged radiator I could just be climbing a small grade and the fan kicks on and this is empty no load. cruising on flat ground as my crappy glowshift say at 400 EGT the probe is mounted in the driver side head. This problem was also happeing when I had all stock parts except the MBRP exhaust 6637 and DP-tuner.

Any input on this thanks in advance.

Last edited:

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
On a 7.3 the ect is probably an inferred calculated value. Eot and iat along with mat is used for temperature calculations on a 7.3

Sent from my mobile using crapatalk 4

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
I think he is talking about air temps hitting the viscous fan clutch

Sent from my mobile using crapatalk 4

Latest posts

Members online