7.3 Problems

LAStrokeR

Reaction score
99 7.3
Rough Idle, Hiccups while driving, White smoke, etc.
Buzz tested injectors, #8 threw a code, replaced it. Changed Oil Plug, Cam Position Sensor, Sensor ASY, Valve Cover Gasket & Harness, (two) ICP Sensors, Updated Computer. Idles better than what it did now, but still has a miss. Still Hiccups on take off & low speeds. White smoke cleared but as I was leaving work a moment ago, it blew out the white smoke on take off. "Seems" to idle a little better now.. Also, I checked my oil yesterday, full of oil, but it needs a change, oil on dipstick has a few small bubbles. I'm already in almost 2G's, any help would be appreciated.

mandkole

Reaction score
How many miles on it? What kind of CPS? What is the ICP and DC%? Is it hard starting when hot? Buzz test does nothing but tells you that the solenoids have power and are firing. CPS, HPO/IPR issues can cause similar random missing issues. Id run all the scanner tests and get help with good troubleshooting before replacing parts.

LAStrokeR

Reaction score
182K miles. I can't answer those questions, I brought it to a shop and they changed all of that. It was hard to start before all these parts got changed, starts quite easy now. Any ideas on the bubbles of oil on the dipstick?

Arisley

Reaction score
Jack up the back of the truck (or park nose down on a good incline), on a fresh oil change. See if that fixes the issue. Run it for more than a couple minutes.

If it does, pull motor and repair pickup tube issue.

LAStrokeR

Reaction score
on my way to work this morning, doing 55MPH, truck was sluggish on power, motor would cut out, make a pop noise, and then it'd pick back up. luckily I turned into a parking lot just before a red light and the truck shut down on me. I let the truck sit for a bit and it does start, so that's a plus.

StrokinDuty

Reaction score
Changed the CPS on it last night and seemed like it quit the hiccups for now and smoothed idle out some. Problem is the CPS that came out was brand new, changed by the shop he brought it to, could it have been an aftermarket sensor and not Ford replacement that failed with less than 50 miles on it? Hopefully we have his issues resolved because it's been a nightmare with this truck

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.