7.3 puking Coolant NEED HELP

Bearded wizard

Reaction score
So did about an hour drive. Stopped at a gas station, shut the truck off and it began to gush a good amount of coolant out. The reservoir was almost over flowing, went inside to get fuel and let it cool off. As I got back the level of the reservoir dropped to normal level. Drove it again for about a 25 minute drive. Shut it off and didn't leak at all. But did notice the reservoir level rose a bit. some help on this issue would greatly be appreciated. #### you can even text or call me at 786 908 5394 that would be much faster:hammer:

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
Sounds like it was just overfilled. As you said it was gushing out of there, but then when you opened the hood it was at the normal level? Then you drove a little further, and it was still around the normal level? (Granted a little higher, but not much right?)

Maybe when you added it a few days ago, you over filled it? Or you filled it when cold, then when it expanded it over flowed?

Bearded wizard

Reaction score
See well I had to put some but never actually did it , just realized it. And when i popped the hood it was way above max no bubbles though

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe run a pressure test on the cooling system? See if it has a leak or is crossing with something else.

Bearded wizard

Reaction score
Just really caught me off guard , I would expect it to leak with the tuck on not just dump when I shut it off

dmd

Reaction score
Could just be the cap, when they can't hold the pressure when you turn it off and
the heat of the engine heats up the fluid in the block.

Latest posts

Members online