7.3 Sale Value

lucasm1998

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum so if this is in the wrong area, please direct me to the correct category.
Okay, I received a 7.3 2001 F-350 Ext. cab long bed with 200k from my dad for my first vehicle. It was an old farm truck that he bought brand new and was no longer used because it had engine trouble. I overhauled the engine and had it inspected by a local mechanic that specializes in powerstrokes. While rebuilding it, I put in Baby swamps sticks, a 6 position ts chip with their tunes, had the turbo completely rebuilt, and put in a 4 inch turbo back flo-pro exhaust with a 6 inch tip. Before being retired as a farm truck, the transmission and both axels were rebuilt at approximately 170k miles.
The truck has some minor scratches here and there, nothing that can't be fixed with a paint pen and a good buffing job. It has typical ford wheel well rust only on the bed. I plan on installing a set of fender flares to help with the physique, along with using a paint pen for the scratches.
I plan on upgrading to a 2005 king ranch, and would like to sell my truck. But with a quick search on Craigslist, I couldn't seem to set a good ballpark price. So if I were to make an ad for it, where should I start the price? I'd really like to get roughly 12k but I'm afraid that's unrealistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheEnd

Reaction score
Depends on where you're located of course but down here you wouldn't have a problem getting 13-14k down here in Florida.

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Here in MN 12k would be pushing it for a 15yr old truck. If its SUPER clean then yeah you could get 2k more than avg to the right buyer.

My suggestion is put it for sale on the high end of whats out there, if someone bites they will be interested in it and will offer you less. Thats where you take what you're comfortable with getting for it

Latest posts

Members online